Archived Topic

Jerseys

by MesaCougFan · 7/23/2013

Advertisement
M
MesaCougFan
I have a confession to make. I love jerseys. I have a jersey collection that rivals Imelda Marcos' shoe collection. I have 3 BYU football jerseys that I wear regularly on game day. However they are the crappy screen printed style, because in all of my exhaustive efforts, I can't seem to find a reliable/affordable source for pro-style / stitched BYU jerseys. You would think that with all of our entrepreneurial returned missionaries someone would be sourcing knock offs out of Asia and selling them online, but as of yet, nothing.



Does anyone here know of a good / affordable source for pro-style / stitched BYU football jerseys?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
BYU seems to be hell-bent on limiting those items to their fundraising auctions or limited release events.
M
Mingjai
MesaCougFan wrote:
I have a confession to make. I love jerseys. I have a jersey collection that rivals Imelda Marcos' shoe collection. I have 3 BYU football jerseys that I wear regularly on game day. However they are the crappy screen printed style, because in all of my exhaustive efforts, I can't seem to find a reliable/affordable source for pro-style / stitched BYU jerseys. You would think that with all of our entrepreneurial returned missionaries someone would be sourcing knock offs out of Asia and selling them online, but as of yet, nothing.



Does anyone here know of a good / affordable source for pro-style / stitched BYU football jerseys?


You must not have been looking too hard--I have two twill-numbered Nike BYU jerseys. The first is a current jersey with the #9 (no name, per NCAA regs) from the Heaps era, but I like to think of it as an Austin Collie jersey, I might see if I can source a Collie name plate. I know the BYU Bookstore was selling these, but I got mine last year from Pro Image online on sale for $45.



My other is a #8 Young jersey in royal blue, also made by Nike, as part of the throwback series (you could get a Sanders Ok State jersey as a part of the series). This one is from a few years back--I think I got it on eBay.



I guess your other option is to find a place the specializes in customizing jerseys--usually the hockey jerseys vendors, because I've found hockey fans care the most about authenticity--and see if they can replicate the numbers and sew them over the existing screen prints. Probably cost $50-100, but the results should justify the expense. I just sent in some mid-90s Bruins and Blackhawks jerseys in for customization and they were able to match the numbering styles of the time.



If I were you, I'd ask around on the Sports design board of which I've been a long time member--if anyone knows a good vendor for this sort of thing, the folks there would know:



http://boards.sportslogos.net/forum/1-sports-logos/



For example, check out this thread about some poor Blue Jay customization:



http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94010-jersey-customization-issues/
M
MesaCougFan
Thanks Mingjai. This is exactly what I was looking for!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.