Archived Topic

What a game!

by ttexastim · 11/29/2009

Advertisement
T
ttexastim
Good game guys.



I got what I expected on my side. The defense came to play, and our freshman QB looked like a deer in headlights at times. I couldn't beleive all the penalties that were called. Some guys were just too amped up, on both sides. I LOVE our D-Line. Those guys are coached very well. They know when to get their hands up, and seemed very comfortable in there tonight. Hell, I loved all the defense tonight. They kept us in this game ... that's for sure.



Honestly ... you guys should've won that game outright. What was up with your coaches mis-managing time? Also ... where was Max Hall, the Sr. QB, who has broken every MWC record? Unga is a baller and that guy carried your team. I also give props to pendelton who was a beast. Also ... Anae deserves a kick in the butt with a big boot that has "RUN THE BALL TILL THEY STOP IT" stamped on it. Had you guys just relied on Unga and Tonga, this game would've been much more lopsided. Overall though, I think your defense surprised me the most. They covered very well, and once they figured out that blitzing all the time played to Wynn's strengths, and stopped it, things got much more difficult for our O. Great game, and it was a well fought win for them.



There were things that I wish would've gone the other way, but I'm still very satisfied with this year. I was hoping for a winning season. Anything past 6 wins was bonus for me. Very excited for next year. Have a great off season, and I'll stop back by next year. Unless this site is a ghost town by then and I have to move to another. ;)



Go Utes!
I
Italics
I kind of feel bad for you guys having to live through 3 heartbreaking losses like that in the last 4 years.



Actually... I don't feel bad at all. But it's gotta suck. ;) =)
T
ttexastim
Italics wrote:
I kind of feel bad for you guys having to live through 3 heartbreaking losses like that in the last 4 years.



Actually... I don't feel bad at all. But it's gotta suck. ;) =)


Actually ... all 5 of your wins in the last 10 years have been come from behind wins within the last minutes of the game. I'm used to it, and that's why I never count BYU out. Especially with Pitta and Hall in the game. I hate that you guys use those tight ends so well.
I
Iceman
I believe Anae is a ewet spy. His play calling is inexcusable otherwise! I hereby pronounce Rboert Anae, a UTARD! :sick:
T
tripwire
Utah is a very good team, I was very impressed with their speed on defense, they made Max Hall look pretty bad. I agree about Anae, it's like he plans his gameplan out and does not deviate from it no matter what. up by 11 points with something like 8 or 9 minutes left and they get into the shotgun and throw 3 passes, three and out. Despite the fact they had just drove down on the longest drive of the game with almost all runs and pa passes. I was yelling at my TV screen to "RUN THE DAMN BALL!!"



The BYU defense won this game though, they played great, only giving up one TD despite Utah having very good field position most of the game.
Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
Good to have you around on occasion T-Tim. You represent well. That was a great (and very frustrating) game. I don't know if I could have called it a great game if my team lost though -- you're a better man than I.



We'll see you next year.
S
SpiffCoug
Very undisciplined game by both teams.
G
GolfDiveNCougs
I'm absolutely disgusted with my team right now, honestly. I went into watching overtime resigned to the fact that BYU would lose this ballgame.



Tim, you're much more gracious than you need have been. Had two or three of the 15-yard penalties (either unsportsmanlike or kicker interference etc) not occurred, or if two or three of those MYRIAD reciever-WIDE-open long bomb passes not been overthrown, it would have been a blowout in the Utes' favor.



I really don't see a team in the top 5 of the Pac-10 that BYU won't get absolutely SMOKED by in the bowl game this year. And that's even assuming miss Tina Whatser-Face Maaco Las Vegas Bowl lady isn't so disgusted by BYU that she picks Utah for it ANYWAY. We MIGHT be up for an Arizona in San Diego, but even then, I have my doubts!



Sorry for the Dolly-downer post, but I'm just THOROUGHLY unimpressed with basically all aspects of BYU's Football team right now, top down.



And as a consolation to you, Tim, since your team lost a game that they SHOULD have won, your team just put together a potential 10-win season in a rebuilding year, and based on what we're losing (such as it is) next year, and what you're returning, you'll not see much by way of resistance from us this time next year.



GRRRRRR!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
M
mizzoucoug
Utah has no business being in this game at all if the boys don't play down (as usual) to an inferior Ute team. It's almost as if they crave the drama and suck it up just to have a close game. I never count Utah out because they have more talent year to year than we do and they can make the plays necessary to win. With a senior QB vs. a freshman, this game is nothing short of embarrassing for the team. I'm elated that they won, but this should have been a blow-out. Sadly though, with an average QB at the helm, Utah wins this by 2 TD's. All those deep balls were available if only they had a Q with some experience. Oh well, I guess a win is a win.
T
tripwire
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
I'm absolutely disgusted with my team right now, honestly. I went into watching overtime resigned to the fact that BYU would lose this ballgame.



Tim, you're much more gracious than you need have been. Had two or three of the 15-yard penalties (either unsportsmanlike or kicker interference etc) not occurred, or if two or three of those MYRIAD reciever-WIDE-open long bomb passes not been overthrown, it would have been a blowout in the Utes' favor.



I really don't see a team in the top 5 of the Pac-10 that BYU won't get absolutely SMOKED by in the bowl game this year. And that's even assuming miss Tina Whatser-Face Maaco Las Vegas Bowl lady isn't so disgusted by BYU that she picks Utah for it ANYWAY. We MIGHT be up for an Arizona in San Diego, but even then, I have my doubts!



Sorry for the Dolly-downer post, but I'm just THOROUGHLY unimpressed with basically all aspects of BYU's Football team right now, top down.



And as a consolation to you, Tim, since your team lost a game that they SHOULD have won, your team just put together a potential 10-win season in a rebuilding year, and based on what we're losing (such as it is) next year, and what you're returning, you'll not see much by way of resistance from us this time next year.



GRRRRRR!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:


The officiating was bad, but there were plenty of bad calls on both sides of the ball.

The offense did not play well, but it wasn't because of mistakes, (0 turnovers iirc), it was because the Utah defense is very good and very fast.

The BYU defense played great!

Did you expect a blowout?

Some of you supposed BYU fans are just impossible to make happy.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Wow. If you had told me that Utah would outgain us and especially out pass us (a freaking frosh outpasses our senior QB!) And in many ways we got outcoached, I'd have been certain of a Ute blowout So congrats to the Cougs for somehow winning and in such exciting fashion. This is the best FB rivalry game going right npw.and all the analysis blather can go out the window when these two teams play. I love my Cougars and love winning like this!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
kitic77 wrote:
Very undisciplined game by both teams.


Especially with all the personal fouls earlier in the game
I
Italics
mizzoucoug wrote:
Utah has no business being in this game at all if the boys don't play down (as usual) to an inferior Ute team. It's almost as if they crave the drama and suck it up just to have a close game. I never count Utah out because they have more talent year to year than we do and they can make the plays necessary to win. With a senior QB vs. a freshman, this game is nothing short of embarrassing for the team. I'm elated that they won, but this should have been a blow-out. Sadly though, with an average QB at the helm, Utah wins this by 2 TD's. All those deep balls were available if only they had a Q with some experience. Oh well, I guess a win is a win.


You seem to forget Chambers being wide open in the endzone, but the pass being off...



or any of the other passes that would have been good yardage if the pass had been more accurate.



Sorry, but if you're gonna point out all the "bad luck" Utah had, you gotta play it both ways.



And to act like Utah is some horrible down-year and we are in our glory years is just ridiculous and ignorant. BYU still returns excellent players next year. We have a top 10 recruiting class. Utah may have lost a lot of talent, but we're still talking about a team that was good enough to have at least 9 wins this season, nearly beat Oregon, and also a team that just won the sugar bowl last year.



Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed in many aspects with our team and coaching as well, but to act like Utah is going to destroy us from here on out is ridiculous.
B
BroncoBot
Ttim, thanks for being the cream of the ute's crop.



I agree, it was a sloppy game that BYU almost managed to give away. Gotta give it to the scrappy utes for sticking around and finishing the 4th Quarter like they did. That showed some serious heart.



I'm so glad Hall didn't throw any picks, the guy had one of his worst outings of all time but didn't make any mistakes that hurt BYU too badly. BYU's Offense did leave a TON of points on the field. As did the u's I suppose.



I'll take 3 of the last 4 anyday. :evil:
C
CAFB_04-12
Well, that was a chippy game on both sides. Lots of bad blood boiling over for both teams. ttxtim, thanks for spending time on our board. You are a great addition, especially during rivalry week. Hope the best for you in the bowl game. You've got a great up-and-coming QB that will get you lots of wins in the years to come.



I feel great for our seniors. I feel great for Max and George especially. I sure hope that Pitta's performance gets noticed. I really want him to win the Mackay trophy this year.
Advertisement
U
urroner
I suffer from stress problems and too much stress messes me up badly, so I was watching the game and when it got too much for me, I'd flip it to the recent Casino Royale and watch it for a while.



People, I'm sorry, but a win is a win, ugly or not. I have seen games where Utah went into the game with a great record and BYU was on the wrong side of a losing streak and BYU creamed the U. It's a rivalry game and strange things happen in those type of games.



I watched the complete overtime and when Max dumped that pass off, I knew the game was over. I rejoiced, screaming and yelling, scaring the crap out of my son who was asleep on the couch, then I turned it back to finish the movie.



Maybe it's because I'm older than dirt and work for the federal government that I have such low standards, but this was a win and I can go to church tomorrow and look my ex-bishop, a :utard: , in the eye and try not too giggle too much and because I will hurt his feelings, he'll say I owe him some homemade ice cream and I'll make him some. If the :utard: would had won, he would say that I would owe him some homemade ice cream and I would make him some.
T
ttexastim
You must be older than dirt if you remember the Cougars creaming the Utes! ;)
U
urroner
ttexastim wrote:
You must be older than dirt if you remember the Cougars creaming the Utes! ;)


I was one of the two jackasses on Noah's ark.
T
ttexastim
LOL!
A
ABYUFAN
it's funny this week there was talk about winning in dramatic fashion...and I gotta admit seeing George sprint into the endzone untouched was AWESOME! it was the stuff leading up to it that was almost too much.



That said you gotta love owning the Utes through the middle of the game...then giving the game to them only to take it back again. you know... here have the game - Nope! ok here you go...nope! by by little bro. see you next year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.