Archived Topic

BYU-Stanford Series 2020

by scott715 · 7/10/2013

Advertisement
S
scott715
Dr. Hill slipped that we play Stanford 2020 thanksgiving so that we can't play the items.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Dr. Hill slipped that we play Stanford 2020 thanksgiving so that we can't play the items.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Items?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarfan87
Cougarbib wrote:
Dr. Hill slipped that we play Stanford 2020 thanksgiving so that we can't play the items.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Items?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It must be an auto-correct to replace profanity. :lol:
S
scott715
Yes, why do they call them smart phone?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BerliNY
Nice. Good series, good matchup, hope it's more than a rumor.
Advertisement
M
Mars


Rumored 2-for-1, like with USC.
C
Cougy_Monster
Didn't TH and BM both say a few years ago that there are just a select few teams with whom BYU would schedule 2-1s and/or 1-and-dones? I hope that TH isn't expanding that list, even in the name of November scheduling.



I will lose a ton of confidence in TH if he gives the cardinal a 2fer. Seriously. Don't do it.



A 1-1-1 is ok, even if the neutral game is played in their backyard like at Candlestick Park. BYU would have almost as many fans (and for sure be at least as loud) as Stanford. Other perks to neutral games is BYU can split the ticket sales, ESPN invariably showcases the neutral site games nationally (kinda like mid season mini-bowl games) and BYU preserves some self-respect, which is pretty much flushed down the toilet when an AD gives a 2fer to any team that's not Texas, ND, Alabama, Michigan (if they become dominant again), Ohio St (I just threw up in my mouth while typing that), Oklahoma and maybe 1 more that I left off.
S
Stirfry
Cougy_Monster wrote:
Didn't TH and BM both say a few years ago that there are just a select few teams with whom BYU would schedule 2-1s and/or 1-and-dones? I hope that TH isn't expanding that list, even in the name of November scheduling.


I think they said that again just last week/month at media day.



If we could get a 2-1 with Alabama that would mean an SEC team leaving the deep south for a preseason game which would be a huge accomplishment! :P



I'd love to see a 1-1-1 at Candlestick.
S
scott715
A neutral game would probably be Stanford home and on the Pac network. I don't want to expand the list of 2-1 teams. No 2fer but 1-1-1 is okay. I hope on 2fers we get paid for the extra game.
Advertisement
M
Mars


BYU seems to really like road games against good teams in November.
S
scott715
If we're having a good year, it should attract a lot of interest on tv.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.