Archived Topic

Biggest News Out of Media Day? = BYUtv Streaming on Android

by snoscythe · 6/26/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
At least for me it is:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865582251/BYUtv-announces-it-will-stream-its-content-on-new-Android-Xbox-360-free-apps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



As much as I love my Roku, Roku needs to step it's game up in some areas (USB media compatability, better channel to stream from PC, etc.), and some healthy competition for the market of people who don't want to sell their souls to Apple might just do the trick to get them in gear.
G
Gunk
Very cool!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Several tid bits were very interesting about recruiting and player unity.



BYUtv/ESPN/Media Day, etc. is a big selling point with recruits in terms of the exposure that the players receive. It was interesting to hear how the targeted recruits are all shown the Media Building, its capabilities and how they will be seen.



It was refreshing to hear about how the O/D are unified as they both are held to same expectations and the chemistry between players is at an all-time high. This bodes well for us in the future.



Seems like the players have also been training very hard during the summer and the PRPs are really helping the individual position groups perform very well.
U
Ungoy
It's about frickin time! I've been waiting for the android app for years!
C
CrimsonCoug
Biggest news: Robert Anae didn't eat a reporter at the media breakfast!
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
This is great news! I've been kind of annoyed that they had an app for apple products but not for Android. I even e-mailed them about it last year. Now I can enjoy not only BYU sports on my phone or tablet, but I can also watch some of the other stuff I've been starting to enjoy there (like Studio C and Granite Flats). :)
Y
Y12
I want to know why not Wii instead of XBox 360?
C
Cougarfan87
IowaCougar wrote:
This is great news! I've been kind of annoyed that they had an app for apple products but not for Android. I even e-mailed them about it last year. Now I can enjoy not only BYU sports on my phone or tablet, but I can also watch some of the other stuff I've been starting to enjoy there (like Studio C and Granite Flats). :)


Totally agree. I got BYUTV on the Roku and my IPAD to watch football. I was pleasantly surprised to find other good programming--such as American Ride (a good history show), Studio C, and Granite Flats--especially Granite Flats. It is nice to be able and sit down and watch a TV show with my 5, 7, and 10 years olds that we all enjoy. If BYU keeps coming up with quality programming like this, then we may never watch anything else.



There are a couple of genres I would like to see BYUTV add. Clean original sit coms and a world news channel that was a little more objective than any of the major news networks. Just the facts, please. It would also be nice if they had a clean comedy news like the Daily Show (comedy news, not clean), but that is probably asking too much.
S
snoscythe
Y12 wrote:
I want to know why not Wii instead of XBox 360?


Because they stream in HD?
G
Guest
Is wii still a thing? I thought that fad was 6 years dead.
Advertisement
Y
Y12
hawkwing wrote:
Is wii still a thing? I thought that fad was 6 years dead.


It's still the only game console in our house. Luckily, we get BYUtv with our satellite package, so no biggie.
U
Ungoy
With BYUtv coming to Android, I hope that BYU is adding support for the new Google Chromecast device. That would be fantastic! Control the video from my tablet, and cast the video to my TV. :)
B
BroncoBot
Ungoy wrote:
With BYUtv coming to Android, I hope that BYU is adding support for the new Google Chromecast device. That would be fantastic! Control the video from my tablet, and cast the video to my TV. :)

That's old school tech man.
U
Ungoy
BroncoBot wrote:
With BYUtv coming to Android, I hope that BYU is adding support for the new Google Chromecast device. That would be fantastic! Control the video from my tablet, and cast the video to my TV. :)

That's old school tech man.


Your meaning being? :skeptic:
F
frdbtr
It's here and downloaded to my S3.
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.