Archived Topic

Who is hiring a new coach first?

by SpiffCoug · 6/26/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
With Bronco's contract extension through the 2016 season, who will be hiring a new head football coach first?



My guess is Utah as I don't think Whittingman may even survive the 2014 season.
C
CrimsonCoug
I voted Utah. I think Whit will be given one more bye year in 2013 (though the sting losing to the Cougs will increase the volume of whining on the Hill), but if things don't turn around significantly in 2014, he could be out.



On the other hand, if Bronco ever gets to the playoffs, I think he calls it 'mission accomplished' and finishes out whatever contract he's on without signing any more. Either way, I don't think he'll want to keep going six years from now. A 15 year stint will be where he ends it. So I anticipate one more extension after this newly signed one, max. And we'll have lost a fine, fine coach.
S
Screamineagle
Agree.
G
Guest
Perhaps the easiest poll ever put on cougarcorner. Whitt is a dead man walking.
S
snoscythe
The big difference is that Bronco has value to BYU beyond W/L record--he promotes the image and mission of the Church in a way that has the BoT and Holmoe really happy.



Whitt has nothing but W/L record.
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
snoscythe wrote:
The big difference is that Bronco has value to BYU beyond W/L record--he promotes the image and mission of the Church in a way that has the BoT and Holmoe really happy.



Whitt has nothing but W/L record.


And as far as I know, Kwhitt is out of his "fickle fan" clause window he demanded be put in his contract that he couldn't be fired within 4 years of going to a BCS bowl. With Utah's schedule this year we'll probably be able to hear the grumblings from the hill all the way down in Cougar Town.
Y
Y12
hawkwing wrote:
Perhaps the easiest poll ever put on cougarcorner. Whitt is a dead man walking.


It will be interesting to see how loyal the U will be to Whitt after he has turned his back to the Y.



Him and his dad have worked a miracle up there, but how fast will they get rid of him once things go bad? Will they create a space for him in the administrative side of the Athletics office like schools do for so many coaches, or just cut all ties and leave him out to dry?
M
Mars


If Utah goes 5-7 or worse in 2013 (I think they win 6 or 7), then 2014 will be a VERY rough year for Kwhitt.
S
SpiffCoug
You can find 6 or 7 wins with this schedule?

vs Utah State (toss up)

vs Weber State (win)

vs Oregon State (loss)

at BYU (toss up)

vs UCLA (loss)

vs Stanford (loss)

at Arizona (loss)

at USC (loss)

vs Arizona State (loss)

at Oregon (loss)

at Washington State (toss up)

vs Colorado (toss up)



I count six losses, just one win and five toss ups.
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
You can find 6 or 7 wins with this schedule?



vs Utah State (toss up)

vs Weber State (win)

vs Oregon State (loss)

at BYU (toss up)

vs UCLA (loss)

vs Stanford (loss)

at Arizona (loss)

at USC (loss)

vs Arizona State (loss)

at Oregon (loss)

at Washington State (toss up)

vs Colorado (toss up)



I count six losses, just one win and five toss ups.

I count three losses, three wins, and six toss ups. But I lean more towards 5-7 now that you list them out for me. Definitely not 7-5.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
You can find 6 or 7 wins with this schedule?

vs Utah State (toss up)

vs Weber State (win)

vs Oregon State (loss)

at BYU (toss up)

vs UCLA (loss)

vs Stanford (loss)

at Arizona (loss)

at USC (loss)

vs Arizona State (loss)

at Oregon (loss)

at Washington State (toss up)

vs Colorado (toss up)



I count six losses, just one win and five toss ups.
actually, you seem to have 7 losses, 1 win, abd 4 tosses.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
If Kwhit loses to BYU and has a losing record this year, he is gonzo. If he beats BYU and has a losing record this year, he gets another year. If he gets another year and has a losing record next year, he is gonzo.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Mars wrote:
You can find 6 or 7 wins with this schedule?



vs Utah State (toss up)

vs Weber State (win)

vs Oregon State (loss)

at BYU (toss up)

vs UCLA (loss)

vs Stanford (loss)

at Arizona (loss)

at USC (loss)

vs Arizona State (loss)

at Oregon (loss)

at Washington State (toss up)

vs Colorado (toss up)



I count six losses, just one win and five toss ups.

I count three losses, three wins, and six toss ups. But I lean more towards 5-7 now that you list them out for me. Definitely not 7-5.


I look at that schedule and I see a 9-game losing streak :utard: :utard: :utard: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
C
Cougs_Rule
If he looses to BYU and has a losing record, there will be calls for his head, but he will get another year.

If he then has a losing record in 2014, he will be gone.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
If Kwhit loses to BYU and has a losing record this year, he is gonzo. If he beats BYU and has a losing record this year, he gets another year. If he gets another year and has a losing record next year, he is gonzo.

Agreed.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
Perhaps the easiest poll ever put on cougarcorner. Whitt is a dead man walking.


+1. Ha ha! Yesireee Reggie. :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.