Archived Topic

TV Coverage for the Big Game

by Cougarbib · 11/28/2009

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Is Justin TV or anyone going to be slinging this game? I can't figure out whether Oceanic Time Warner here in Hawaii has CBS C and / or the Mtn. It appears that they do not have it. Please pass a link to any place to pick up this game.
I
Italics
there sure as heck better be a link... i managed to get off of work, but still know nobody who has the MTN or cbs-cs.



If i miss this game, i will be devastated.



I'm not joking
B
BroncoBot
justin.tv has had every BYU game so far.



Most of the BYU links on there have been SOLID!!!! great quality. So I wouldn't worry too much about it if that's the route your going to take. never a guarantee, but justin.tv has worked wonders this year for someone too poor to get directtv with the fixings.
M
Matty-B
Does anyone know if Comcast has CBS-C in HD?
M
Mingjai
Matty-B wrote:
Does anyone know if Comcast has CBS-C in HD?


They don't offer it in HD here in Minnesota.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Justin TV seems to change the Link each time. How can I find the Link. I guess if it shows up posted here, we can think of Justin TV as just-in-time TV. I have watched at least 2 BYU games that way - maybe three. They do a very nice job considering their constraints. I usually listen to KSL Sports radio via the internet while I watch it. The timing of the two feeds is 30 seconds or so off from each other, but it still works. And that 100MPH chat is hilarious at times and disgusting at others. If the alternative is - no tv - Justin TV has been a great resource.
C
Cougarbib
The game starts in less than 3 hours - not that I am panicking quite yet - Justin where are u? Does anyone know the link?



Go Cougs
S
scott715
Don't they have a facebook page with the information?
B
bluesista
On my Comcast you have to pay for it. But the mtn has HD for this game. It doesn't show up on the TV listings, but if you go to the channel, it's there (at least, that's how it was for the last two away games).



*edit: never mind. Apparently my brain doesn't process states other than Utah. Good luck on your search!
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib2 wrote:
The game starts in less than 3 hours - not that I am panicking quite yet - Justin where are u? Does anyone know the link?



Go Cougs



Cool out man. ;) usually the link doesn't show up until about gametime.



Here's the foolproof steps to get the game.



http://www.justin.tv/

>Live Channels (dropbox)

>select SPORTS

>start looking through the channels (usually the game will be labeled Utah vs BYU or something like that.)

>ENjoy the BYU victory!!!! 8)
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Declo

I have always wondered based on your Declocoug name - Did you serve a mission in MIssion Viejo, California in about 1998 or so? If you did, I am the guy who you occasionally traded off companions to visit with one of the missionaries assigned to our Ward. Anyway, on vacation, driving on I-80 to Utah, my family took a slight detour and said hello to your family in Declo as a surprise visit.



Go Cougs

PS even if you are not the same person - Declo looked pretty small - you may know the Elder I am talking about. He was very proud of Declo, Idaho.
C
Cougarbib
I saw the end of the TCU game on the one Declo recommended and it appears Utah at BYU is coming up next. THis had the sound and the picture and is actually an excellent way to watch the game. I give it 5 stars and thaks to Declocoug and others for passing on the informatoin.



BTQ Declo: Did you serve a misson to Mission Viejo, Ca in about 1998 or so? If not, Declo is small - do you know the Elder that did? I lived there at the time and stopped in to visit his family while on vacation enroute along I-80 to Utah - took the detour to Declo. Did that kind of thing for a few of the Elders we met back then. One time I visited a family at a Branch in Ennis Montana and just dropped into Church unannounced and got up and started bearing my testimony to all 25 or so members.
K
kiwibacon
declocoug wrote:
Closer to game time try any of these Justin.tv links. All of these links have had the BYU game in the past. My first suggestion would be the "rhinox999".





http://www.justin.tv/footballguy15



http://www.justin.tv/rhinox999 ------try this one first



http://www.justin.tv/edwardzracing



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The above is contributed by KIWIBACON<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<



Rhinox999 has amazing quality but edwardzracing is also good. I've used both of them.


Thanks Declo,



I don't know how I messed that up but you found it on the air force thread and fixed it.


kiwibacon wrote:
Closer to game time try any of these Justin.tv links. All of these links have had the BYU game in the past. My first suggestion would be the "rhinox999".





http://www.justin.tv/footballguy15



http://www.justin.tv/rhinox999 ------try this one first



http://www.justin.tv/edwardzracing
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Declo

I have always wondered based on your Declocoug name - Did you serve a mission in MIssion Viejo, California in about 1998 or so? If you did, I am the guy who you occasionally traded off companions to visit with one of the missionaries assigned to our Ward. Anyway, on vacation, driving on I-80 to Utah, my family took a slight detour and said hello to your family in Declo as a surprise visit.



Go Cougs

PS even if you are not the same person - Declo looked pretty small - you may know the Elder I am talking about. He was very proud of Declo, Idaho.


Cougarbib, did you catch the game? I think it was the #1 viewed game on justin.tv last I checked.



I didn't serve in mission viejo, how did you like Declo??? Pretty ain't she!?
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
How did the CBC-C broadcast turn out? I watched the Mtn in HD which was great, with only a couple miscues. Can't stand the Todd, but the padres wouldn't let me listen to KSL since the audio was about a second ahead of the video, which couldn't really be fixed by the DVR.
C
Cougarbib
I loved Declo and I did see the game. As we say in Hawaii, where I live now, Mahalo nui loa for the link (thak you very much). There was a small ski resort near Declo and we decided to try that on a whim and had fun there for family skiing. I love small towns in Utah and Idaho.



Go Cougs
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I loved Declo and I did see the game. As we say in Hawaii, where I live now, Mahalo nui loa for the link (thak you very much). There was a small ski resort near Declo and we decided to try that on a whim and had fun there for family skiing. I love small towns in Utah and Idaho.



Go Cougs

"The skiing's swell at pomerelle." :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.