Archived Topic

Rank the 2013 Schedule

by SpiffCoug · 6/18/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
While it did not obtain a majority, a plurality of Cougar Corner posters feel that Houston will be BYU's 11th most difficult game. How about the remaining games?



2013 Schedule Ranked by Difficulty:

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. ???

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

11. at Houston (38%)

12. vs Idaho St (92%)
S
SpiffCoug
Even though I took Georgia Tech in the last poll, I think I'm switching my vote this week to the Virginia game. After doing some reading on the two, I think UVA is very beatable. Bronco has shown an ability to beat teams when he gets time to prepare. I like our chances.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
Even though I took Georgia Tech in the last poll, I think I'm switching my vote this week to the Virginia game. After doing some reading on the two, I think UVA is very beatable. Bronco has shown an ability to beat teams when he gets time to prepare. I like our chances.


Plus, the large contingent of CougarCorner fans on site will be a boon to the Cougars.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Hard to choose between UVA and UNR - went with UNR
D
Ddawg
Just like the 1st poll, I pick Virginia as the easiest win this year. We shall see.
Advertisement
R
runbyu1
Really, a big conference team with a decent history, in their own backyard after LONG travel to get there?



I think both Georgia Tech and Nevada should be much easier games than VA.
W
Wickchad
Seems like a lot of people are being fooled by a Sunbelt team that had one good year. Middle Tennessee is traveling to Provo. They have Sunbelt athletes. We will win this game easily.



Virginia has ACC athletes. We are traveling to Virginia to play this game. It will not be as easy as the Middle Tennessee game.
S
Schmoe
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Seems like a lot of people are being fooled by a Sunbelt team that had one good year. Middle Tennessee is traveling to Provo. They have Sunbelt athletes. We will win this game easily.



Virginia has ACC athletes. We are traveling to Virginia to play this game. It will not be as easy as the Middle Tennessee game.


This was my thought from the get-go. Their record is much better than they are; yes they beat GT early last year, but they got railroaded by Ark. St. And we're at home.
S
stuckinbig10country
The loss of Chris Ault as coach at Nevada means that they will fall. They have been a decent team over two stretches in their history, and he's been the coach both times. He's almost as innovative to football as LaVell Edwards (the college football overtime was his idea; the pistol is being run on every level of football right now).
C
Cougarbib
stuckinbig10country wrote:
The loss of Chris Ault as coach at Nevada means that they will fall. They have been a decent team over two stretches in their history, and he's been the coach both times. He's almost as innovative to football as LaVell Edwards (the college football overtime was his idea; the pistol is being run on every level of football right now).

I probably should have voted N instead of U. I would change my vote if I only knew how. Maybe higher powers can change it.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
VA still has pride the the eternal hope that a new year will bring better results--at home.

MTS still has speed. Small speed, but speed can kill.

If Ault left the cupboards bare and fled town, Nevada at the end of a season, when hope will long since have run out, will be easier to beat.

Nevada.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.