Archived Topic

2013 schedule/menu

by Dwight · 6/15/2013

Advertisement
D
Dwight
I'm planning my 2013 game food. I like the meal to be appropriate for the opponent.



Virginia - BBQ Pork Shoulder with vinegar based sauce.

Texas - Tex Mex Fajitas.

Utah - Big beef wieners grilled, then soaked in home made BBQ sauce.

Middle TN - Tri-tip sandwiches.

Utah State - Chicken salad.

Georgia Tech- BBQ ribs (smoked, never boiled).

Houston - BBQ brisket.

Boise St - Beef kababs with potatoes.

Wisconsin - Brats with some smoked cheese.

Idaho St - Potato soup.

Notre Dame - Irish stew.

Nevada - Smoked turkey (subject to change as I will have turkey the previous week).
S
Schmoe
Looks good. What kind of smoker do you have?
S
Schmoe
Dwight wrote:
I have a grill chef smoker made by Dave Klose in Houston. I'd post a pic, but for some reason I'm not getting how that is done on this site. I've got a big green egg also. They both get a lot of use.



http://www.commercialbbq.com/commercialbbq/cart/index.php?p=product&id=29&parent=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I've heard great things about the BGE and other ceramic kamados, but I like your grill chef better. Something about keeping an eye on the thing and tossing in wood and charcoal on an offset that makes you feel like a man.
D
Dwight
Also gives you an excuse to stay outside and avoid the chores inside.
Advertisement
S
scott715
From my friend:



Dwite in his post said this " 'm planning my 2013 game food. I like the meal to be appropriate for the opponent. "



Under 2013 schedule/menu he has Tri-tip for Georgia Tech. This is not correct. Tri tip is a west coast BBQ speciality, California schools would be a great fit.



Suggestions for the game - pulled pork. Common sauces would likely include a musterd (spills over from the S. Carolina into northern Georgia) based sauce or a peach sauce.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.