Archived Topic

NBA Finals

by mizzoucoug · 6/13/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
A few thoughts.



I personally strongly dislike Lebron James and root against him every chance I get. I've also learned to despise Mike Miller and Shane Battier. I also have zero respect for Ray Allen for selling out and joining this team. He got his ring in Boston so he didn't need to move to Miami to finally get one so this is a BS move.



The Spurs are very fun to watch. Whoever calls them boring clearly does not know basketball.



Lebron can be shut down because he doesn't have a legit jumper. No superstar passes up every single 5 foot cushion given to him. Hopefully if the Heat lose the MJ comparisons will finally end.



Lebron = a small forward version of Shaq. Lebron's new tactic the last 2 seasons has been to go hard to the lane, knock his man backwards, and get easy layups. Sorry, but there is nothing pretty or impressive about his game. I can do the same things he can do but when he shoots those shots down low he doesn't get swatted because he's bigger than the centers in the league. I am not. That's the difference.



If he ever develops a fadeaway and jumper then he could be the greatest ever but man he's been in the league for a while already.



Fin.
M
mizzoucoug
His jumper has definitely improved this year, but you can tell he's not confident in it right now and that's why he's deferring to his teammates. I'd give James room all day to shoot until he proves something...especially on the road.
S
Schmoe
Overall shooting percentage doesn't indicate that his jumper is necessarily good, many of the shots could have been dunks, layups, etc. Right?
S
SpiffCoug
I remember reading an article that his shooting from the outside during that streak was also well above 50%.



But like mizzou said, he's not confident right now.



Whatever hot streak he was on, he's not there anymore. I'd dare him to shoot as well.



If I were a Heat coach, I'd look at breaking up the Big 3 and seeing what I could get for Bosh & Wade. First first as he's one of the biggest problems with the Heat right now. He's just not contributing.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
I can't help it - I just have a strong reaction against LeBron James. I recognize and respect his tremendous athletic skill. But, I hope the Heat do not win the NBA Championship. If I had to put my finger on it, I would say it comes down to his arrogance and a feeling of entitlement. It just rubs me the wrong way. Just my .02 worth.
S
SpiffCoug
I actually find Lebron one of the more enjoyable of the Heat. I don't like Wade; I think he's dirty, flops, dives, and a thug. Bosh is soft. The others are forgettable. Lebron seems like the most likable of them too.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I actually find Lebron one of the more enjoyable of the Heat. I don't like Wade; I think he's dirty, flops, dives, and a thug. Bosh is soft. The others are forgettable. Lebron seems like the most likable of them too.


That's not necessarily saying a lot...
D
Ddawg
Tonight in NBA Finals game 5 the Spurs rocked! I am smiling ear to ear. Ahhh, what a game. I enjoyed it immensely. :D :D :D
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
I actually find Lebron one of the more enjoyable of the Heat. I don't like Wade; I think he's dirty, flops, dives, and a thug. Bosh is soft. The others are forgettable. Lebron seems like the most likable of them too.


You can't defend Lebron by saying that other players flop, he's King [of flopping] James. Never in my life had I seen a 270 pound man go flying when the breeze hits him before James came into the league (okay, there is one exception to that: Vlade Divac).
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Tonight's the night - NBA game 6 in Miami, 9pm ET Go Spurs!!!
D
Ddawg
Thurs. night ... game 7 ... Go Spurs!!!
D
Ddawg
Game 7 Heat 95, Spurs 88. :sick: :sick: :sick:
S
SpiffCoug
The Spurs dared LeBron to beat them with his outside shooting. I think he did that last night.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.