Archived Topic

Ohio St. Mormon Pres "Retires" After Criticizing ND

by byufan4ever · 6/5/2013

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/04/ohio-state-president-to-retire-in-wake-recorded-criticism-catholics-notre-dame/?test=latestnews



Ohio State University President Gordon Gee abruptly announced his retirement Tuesday after he came under fire for jokingly referring to "those damn Catholics" at Notre Dame and poking fun at the academic quality of other schools.



Gee explained away the abrupt timing by saying he was "quirky as hell" and hated long transitions.


He's Mormon and it has to do with college sports so I thought I'd post it here...
S
SpiffCoug
Gee was a tool.



Never listen to a guy who wears a bow tie.



Now, if he were sporting an Eldredge knot, that would be a different story, because that's styling!

http://www.jwilliam-couture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/eldredge-knot-gold.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
Looks suspiciously like a clip-on to me!
G
Guest
I need to learn how to tie that knot and find a sufficiently long enough tie to be able to.
S
Stirfry
There's a lesson here about picking good friends. Apparently hanging out with the most arrogant school admin in the NCAA even got the good ol boy from Vernal. If he could only take his AD with the world of college football would be a better place.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Not a clip on. I learned how to tie it this past weekend and wore it too church. It was pretty snazzy and got quite a few compliments.



Hawk, just google Eldredge knot and there are some videos. Took me a few tries to get it just right since my normal knot muscle memory kept messing me up.
A
ABYUFAN
I think that Gee is a old codger, but frankly I am worried about the panzification of America, with the firestorm that this has raised. There was nothing that he said that should have caused anyone to have hurt feelings, and his SEC crack was actually top notch.



Still, if he gets to be in too bad of shape money wise, now that he's unemployed, he can always sell some OSU memorabilia... ;)
1
1967cougar
ABYUFAN wrote:
I think that Gee is a old codger, but frankly I am worried about the panzification of America, with the firestorm that this has raised. There was nothing that he said that should have caused anyone to have hurt feelings, and his SEC crack was actually top notch.



Still, if he gets to be in too bad of shape money wise, now that he's unemployed, he can always sell some OSU memorabilia... ;)

At least he didn't say "no homo" and get fined $75,000.
J
jonnylingo
ABYUFAN wrote:
I think that Gee is a old codger, but frankly I am worried about the panzification of America, with the firestorm that this has raised. There was nothing that he said that should have caused anyone to have hurt feelings, and his SEC crack was actually top notch.



Still, if he gets to be in too bad of shape money wise, now that he's unemployed, he can always sell some OSU memorabilia... ;)


He wasn't fired for this in isolation. He had been making the institution look bad for years. this was just the last straw. moron.
1
1967cougar
jonnylingo wrote:
I think that Gee is a old codger, but frankly I am worried about the panzification of America, with the firestorm that this has raised. There was nothing that he said that should have caused anyone to have hurt feelings, and his SEC crack was actually top notch.



Still, if he gets to be in too bad of shape money wise, now that he's unemployed, he can always sell some OSU memorabilia... ;)


He wasn't fired for this in isolation. He had been making the institution look bad for years. this was just the last straw. moron.

Spelling error there, Lingo. I think you meant to say, "This was just the last straw, Mormon."
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
jonnylingo wrote:
I think that Gee is a old codger, but frankly I am worried about the panzification of America, with the firestorm that this has raised. There was nothing that he said that should have caused anyone to have hurt feelings, and his SEC crack was actually top notch.



Still, if he gets to be in too bad of shape money wise, now that he's unemployed, he can always sell some OSU memorabilia... ;)


He wasn't fired for this in isolation. He had been making the institution look bad for years. this was just the last straw. moron.

The city of Taft, CA used to be called "Moron". Long ago they changed the name to Taft, after the President. I say "Good call"



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
1967cougar wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
I think that Gee is a old codger, but frankly I am worried about the panzification of America, with the firestorm that this has raised. There was nothing that he said that should have caused anyone to have hurt feelings, and his SEC crack was actually top notch.



Still, if he gets to be in too bad of shape money wise, now that he's unemployed, he can always sell some OSU memorabilia... ;)


He wasn't fired for this in isolation. He had been making the institution look bad for years. this was just the last straw. moron.

Spelling error there, Lingo. I think you meant to say, "This was just the last straw, Mormon."


Funny that you pointed that out. i was thinking about that when I wrote it.
S
stuckinbig10country
Yes, Gee grew up in Vernal, went to the University of Utah, and was at one time Mormon. I don't believe he's been practicing LDS for decades. There were some wild stories about him and his wife when they left Ohio St to take over at Vanderbilt. He pretty much got run out of there, but the Buckeyes took him back.
C
Cougs_Rule
Loose lips, sinks ships....unless you are BHO or EH. Good to see that some Christian faith and not just the Muslims, is being "protected" cause it sure ain't the LDS prominent members who are being protected--that is, unless you are HR
D
Ddawg
Gordon Gee is a dip-thong, knucke-headed, dolt. Buh-bye!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.