Archived Topic

Brandon Doman Waxes Philosophical in DesNews

by snoscythe · 6/3/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Meh.
G
Guest
eh
A
ABYUFAN
Yeah, I didn't get it either - other than "Don't feel sorry for me, I'm doing just fine."
S
SpiffCoug
Memo to all local sports reporters: we BYU fans have no desire to hear or read any thing Riley Nelson or Brandon Doman have to say. Together they oversaw same of the worst offensive seasons and stretches of games in the last 40 years.



Leave them alone and let us move on.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Well, respectfully, I disagree with your view Spiff. Even though Riley and Brandon are no longer key figures in Coug football, the contributed and paid their dues. My personal feelings are, even though both Brandon and Riley fell short of both our and their expectations. I think they deserve respect. I read the article. It's nothing insightful into BYU football, or key decision making events of a game. It's reflective, and kind of sad. Something that has been the focus of Brandon's life for several decades is now gone, and it was not his 1st choice. I like Brandon. I don't mind hearing how he is doing. I wish him well. I hope to read more about him and what he is doing in the future.
B
BoiseBYU
Ddawg wrote:
Well, respectfully, I disagree with your view Spiff. Even though Riley and Brandon are no longer key figures in Coug football, the contributed and paid their dues. My personal feelings are, even though both Brandon and Riley fell short of both our and their expectations. I think they deserve respect. I read the article. It's nothing insightful into BYU football, or key decision making events of a game. It's reflective, and kind of sad. Something that has been the focus of Brandon's life for several decades is now gone, and it was not his 1st choice. I like Brandon. I don't mind hearing how he is doing. I wish him well. I hope to read more about him and what he is doing in the future.


I'm with Ddawg. I like Doman. He had some awesome wins as a player, was a great recruiter as a coach, and in my mind handled his non success as a coach in a good way. I wish him well and hope to hear more of him.
S
SpiffCoug
Fair enough. I just think, everyone would be well suited to have a little distance from the Riley/Doman debacle that was last season.
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
Memo to all local sports reporters: we BYU fans have no desire to hear or read any thing Riley Nelson or Brandon Doman have to say. Together they oversaw same of the worst offensive seasons and stretches of games in the last 40 years.



Leave them alone and let us move on.


Please and Thank You.
C
Cougarbib
BoiseBYU wrote:
Well, respectfully, I disagree with your view Spiff. Even though Riley and Brandon are no longer key figures in Coug football, the contributed and paid their dues. My personal feelings are, even though both Brandon and Riley fell short of both our and their expectations. I think they deserve respect. I read the article. It's nothing insightful into BYU football, or key decision making events of a game. It's reflective, and kind of sad. Something that has been the focus of Brandon's life for several decades is now gone, and it was not his 1st choice. I like Brandon. I don't mind hearing how he is doing. I wish him well. I hope to read more about him and what he is doing in the future.


I'm with Ddawg. I like Doman. He had some awesome wins as a player, was a great recruiter as a coach, and in my mind handled his non success as a coach in a good way. I wish him well and hope to hear more of him.


This. Assuming he had his tongue in his cheek, I thought it was hilarious how he described how the whimpy little brother became taller and better looking than his older brothers who had cast doubts on his future.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Just wait till he starts talking about how many companies he's run, how much money he's made and how many friends of players he supposedly knows.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Just wait till he starts talking about how many companies he's run, how much money he's made and how many friends of players he supposedly knows.


Try to get it straight DM. I am a retired CIO not CEO. Much as CIO's would like to run the company - The CEO has that distinction. I have never been a CEO of anything other than my own personal investment portfolio. Since you know my name, I am sure even someone as slow as you could confirm that I have been a CIO of 4 major corporations.



And, Napoleon - I am taller and better looking than you. So Ha Ha! :)



I do not claim to know anyone that I do not know and always acknowledge that I don't generally ask and they don't tell.



I threw you a big hint to where I got inside locker room opinions. Friend of a friend. I have had a few of those. Not gonna tell you which one said what - don't want to get my friend in the dog house.



Anyway - I have run ZERO companies.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
I like Doman but he was a horrendous coach and i am bitter about his time at the helm. I don't want to hear from him for a while.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.