Archived Topic

Which player are you most excited about?

by stuckinbig10country · 5/26/2013

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I, of course, am a huge fan of KVN. And Hoffman is looking to break some records. Hill is really exciting. But the player I'm most excited about for next year is Jamaal Williams. His explosiveness is something we just rarely get at BYU. The switch-up with Alisa will be nice.
S
SpiffCoug
Jamaal Williams had 193 touches last year. I'm excited to see what he can do with close to 300.
S
snoscythe
I'm excited to see what Hoffman can do with a better QB.
D
Ddawg
It's a "combo deal" for me: Williams and Hoffman. The deadly duo. They're going to give Defensive Coordinators headaches this Fall.
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe we need a thread on most exciting duos.



But I think the most deadly duo will be Hill and Williams, assuming Hill recovers fully.



But the triple threat of those three will open big possibilities for the TE and other WR.



Again, this O has serious potential at the skill positions. Now, if we can just get an Oline.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
This team does have exciting players on both offense and defense - hard to pick just 1. I will go with Williams.



This team does lack experienced player depth and with this schedule, that will be exposed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
Hill!
Y
Y 4 Ever
This might sound strange, but I'm most excited to watch Apo. This year will make or break him. Either he steps up and has a monster year (especially with all the attention Hoffman and Williams are going to get)...or he will become the biggest disappointment since Chambers. I'm excited to see what happens.
S
Schmoe
Looking at all the potential we have coming back, it's a really tough call, but I think Williams will be the most exciting player to watch this year and so I'm most excited about him.
G
golong
Williams is actually a given, we know what he can do. And Hoffman is a given, we definitely know what he can do. The real exciting player is Hill, if he can improve on the couple of games he actually played last year, then he will be "Mr. Excitement," not Williams or Hoffman, although Hoffman will get into the endzone more than Hill--but we know that already. It's Hill.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Kyle Van Noy.



Most exciting defensive player BYU has ever had. Sacks, fumble forced. TDs, interceptions. The kid is everywhere.
M
mizzoucoug
Definitely Hill. We already have true or budding stars in other key spots (I wish we could say this about TE. *sigh*), but we haven't been able to say this about a QB since 2009. A QB runs the show and can potentially bring us a magical season. We need Hill to be a BYU-caliber game manager, and if that happens we will finally make some noise.
B
BoiseBYU
Maybe excited is not the right word, but I might be most excited to see how our new NT does. If he does well, then Kyle et al will be able to show their stuff. If he and the rest of the DLine get pushed around....well not so much Kyle, right?
N
nuk13
I am adding Bronson kaufusi to my list. I know that's 2 guys but I just found out my cousin's wife is a cousin to the Kaufusi family which for me makes it automatic. Bronson is a good pick anyway. By the way my cousin played basketball for BYU but unfortunatly, it was in the Arnold era. I can't wait to see what their kids will do.
V
vancouvercougar
I love KVN, Williams, and Hoffman; but i am really excited to see if Ross Apo can catch a pass that is not thrown at his feet.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
nuk13 wrote:
I am adding Bronson kaufusi to my list. I know that's 2 guys but I just found out my cousin's wife is a cousin to the Kaufusi family which for me makes it automatic. Bronson is a good pick anyway. By the way my cousin played basketball for BYU but unfortunatly, it was in the Arnold era. I can't wait to see what their kids will do.


Your cousin? Days of Arnold? Are you like 70? Jk :)

But you are right about BK. if we can get a solid NT, BK will be able to (after a full year post mission training) be cut loose and terrorize QBs like he did in HS.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.