Archived Topic

Taysom ingured again?

by Ungoy · 5/22/2013

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
I didn't see this posted, so pardon me if it's already been mentioned, but I just heard today that Taysom has suffered another knee injury, and has a minor tear of his MCL. I haven't been able to find any more information, and I don't know the accuracy of the report, or what knee was injured, but it's still somewhat grim news. If this is true, I hope he can get healthy before fall, and that he can stay healthy... :~(
G
Guest
We talked about it in the "Summer Rumblings" thread.



Essentially what happened was Taysom tweaked his knee a bit playing softball, but when asked about it at the Cougar Fan Fest he said his knee was fine and fully recovered and that he didn't hurt it. He apparently wasn't seen walking with a limp or anything, so that's good.
S
Stirfry
hawkwing wrote:
Essentially what happened was Taysom tweaked his knee a bit playing softball.


Lets hope he doesn't go bowling with Andrew Bynum any time during the next 3 years....
F
Fido
Doesn't sound like much to worry about as far as recovery:

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/mcl_tear/treatment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


...The MCL usually responds very well to non-surgical treatment, although surgery may be required in rare cases. Depending on the severity of the injury, a period of rest, bracing and physical therapy usually is sufficient to heal the tear.



Once the MCL has healed fully, you should have a minimum of long-term effects, providing there was no other damage to the knee.



Recovery times differ depending on the severity of the injury:



•A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports.

...


I'm just hoping that a couple knee injuries in the past year don't indicate that he is going to struggle with injuries through his career.
D
Ddawg
Knee injuries - always scary - always a concern. Mandatory knee braces?
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
Ddawg wrote:
Knee injuries - always scary - always a concern. Mandatory knee braces?




Better to have him slightly hampered by braces than sitting on the sidelines with a cast on. It's worth considering.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.