Archived Topic

Ambrosino Out

by EM_Puma · 5/16/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Individuals who claim knowledge at TBS reproting that Ambrosino went back to Argentina and will not return to BYU.



That's 3 players gone that weren't seniors from last year's team. Very concerning to me.
B
BoiseBYU
I think he set a record for three fouls in less than one minute, and it was with the team up by 20 and two minutes left in the game.
G
Guest
So far it hasn't been anyone who was expected to be a solid contributor, but it is a troubling trend.
C
Cougarbib
It is a house cleaning. BYU has not lost anyone. Dave Rose promised a house cleaning and you are seeing a house cleaning. BYU was low on talent as of late inspite of protests from a few that BYU was trending up. The trend was down. BYU had some untimely injuries and really misfired on some recruits.



Now we will see what Dave Rose does with all of these open slots.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
So far, none of the "losses" are really losses. We had no bench last season. Our bench should be able to hang with Portland and Pepperdine's starters. They weren't able to.



The turnover is only good, though, if Rose gets better players. Otherwise we're back where we were, having to play our starters 30 min against the basement WCC teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
Q
Qman
Of this is just opening us room for some high quality walk-ons to know they would have a chance here.



But the number players being gone is distrubing.



That and Mika and Worthington better be ready to play. There will be a lot of minutes available.
B
BYULV
I'm not sure it is really a disturbing trend to let players leave who have not shown the ability to produce/contribute at this level. I would much rather see this trend than one where we hold onto players we know will never make a difference in the program.
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
I'm not sure it is really a disturbing trend to let players leave who have not shown the ability to produce/contribute at this level. I would much rather see this trend than one where we hold onto players we know will never make a difference in the program.


Agree with LV. The disturbing trend is actually that we have recruited so many non-contributors or poor contributors the last few years.



Think of all the players that left now and in the last couple of years or are even still here that did not live up to fan expectations for whatever reason.



One highly hyped guy transferred a year or two ago. Another higly hyped guy is still on the team but rarely played. Then add the 4 guys swept out now, and throw in injuries to Sharp, CC, and Rodgers, and it is a disturbing trend of under achievement and lack of contribution for various reasons all pilung up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


Give Coach Rose credit. BYU basketball has risen to a point where a multiple-win post-season will still cause heads to roll on the roster. Place-holders aren't good enough for scholarship spots, it seems, they want difference-makers.
V
vrob
Speculation, but I wonder if he was miffed about Kaufusi getting playing time ahead of him...news reports alluded to some disunity on the team and I thought Harward and Ambrosino were mentioned. Just wonder if there was something to it and Rose didn't approve of that either.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
vrob wrote:
Speculation, but I wonder if he was miffed about Kaufusi getting playing time ahead of him...news reports alluded to some disunity on the team and I thought Harward and Ambrosino were mentioned. Just wonder if there was something to it and Rose didn't approve of that either.


I could understand them being a little disgruntled, but come on man, hit the three when you have the chance. The coaches and fans both wanted to see ambrosino succeed and he just didn't take advantage of his opportunities. You know coach Rose would have rather had a big guy out there that could run, defend and hit the three than a big enforcer underneath. Unfortunately Ambrosino and Harward could not do the job and we had to bring in scrubs (no offense to Kaufusi, love the guy). There is no one to blame here except for the players not getting things done when they had their chance.
G
golong
Ya, these are no losses, Ambrosino did nothing on the court, Delgado was a disappointment. Austin has to make big improvements for next year, and I beleive Mika is, right now, better than Austin or Davies--he will start and be a major contributor. If the guards can shoot and defend, we could still be a pretty good team.
C
Cougarbib
golong wrote:
Ya, these are no losses, Ambrosino did nothing on the court, Delgado was a disappointment. Austin has to make big improvements for next year, and I beleive Mika is, right now, better than Austin or Davies--he will start and be a major contributor. If the guards can shoot and defend, we could still be a pretty good team.




Of course Mika is "right now" better than Davies because he has never played D1 ball so you can imagine anything you want and then call for some coach firings if he does not meet those expectations. Meanwhile, Davis, "right now" is coming off an all conference season with strong NIT performance and a couple of post season tournament MVP awards as he awaits the NBA draft.
G
Gunk
golong wrote:
Ya, these are no losses, Ambrosino did nothing on the court, Delgado was a disappointment. Austin has to make big improvements for next year, and I beleive Mika is, right now, better than Austin or Davies--he will start and be a major contributor. If the guards can shoot and defend, we could still be a pretty good team.


No way is Mika better than Davies right now. I've seen nothing to convince me of this.
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
Ya, these are no losses, Ambrosino did nothing on the court, Delgado was a disappointment. Austin has to make big improvements for next year, and I beleive Mika is, right now, better than Austin or Davies--he will start and be a major contributor. If the guards can shoot and defend, we could still be a pretty good team.


No way is Mika better than Davies right now. I've seen nothing to convince me of this.


I think Mika is probably better than Davies...at lacrosse.
Advertisement
Q
Qman
Schmoe wrote:
golong wrote:
Ya, these are no losses, Ambrosino did nothing on the court, Delgado was a disappointment. Austin has to make big improvements for next year, and I beleive Mika is, right now, better than Austin or Davies--he will start and be a major contributor. If the guards can shoot and defend, we could still be a pretty good team.


No way is Mika better than Davies right now. I've seen nothing to convince me of this.


I think Mika is probably better than Davies...at lacrosse.


That sounds likely.
B
BerliNY
Qman wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Ya, these are no losses, Ambrosino did nothing on the court, Delgado was a disappointment. Austin has to make big improvements for next year, and I beleive Mika is, right now, better than Austin or Davies--he will start and be a major contributor. If the guards can shoot and defend, we could still be a pretty good team.


No way is Mika better than Davies right now. I've seen nothing to convince me of this.


I think Mika is probably better than Davies...at lacrosse.


That sounds likely.


Should we move this thread to the lacrosse forum?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.