Archived Topic

ESPN BYU VS. Utah Preview question

by JamieVallen · 11/27/2009

Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
As I was reading the BYU Vs. Utah Preview today, I noticed a stat that was placed in the preview that isn't right, and it kind of left we wondering, who was smoking what to write it?



It says: "BYU, meanwhile, is 3-17 against ranked foes since a win over Arizona State on Sept. 12, 1998, and 26-25 since 2006 when playing as a ranked team."



BYU is 26-25 since 2006 when playing as a ranked team?



I'm not willing to go and dig out the rankings for far back as 2006 but for ranked games played 26-25 means we've played 51 games since 2006 as a ranked team. When in fact we've only played 50 games in that amount of time, and even if we had played 51 games I'm pretty sure we haven't been ranked for every single one of those weeks.



And then my next point. In 2006 our we had 2 losses to Arizona and Boston College. In 2007 we had 2 losses to UCLA and Tulsa. In 2008 We had 3 losses to Arizona, Utah and TCU. and this year we have 2 losses going into this game. Now I'm no math mathematician but for some reason when I go back and add up those wins and losses I somehow come up with 41 Wins, and 9 losses.



So Obviously my question is where do the get 26-25 out of all of that, when we haven't even played that many games, had that many losses, and haven't even been ranked that many weeks since 2006. So it's obvious somebody probably made a mistake, but... I mean come on, where did they pull those numbers out of?



Courtesy of the Douche bags at ESPN http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=293320252
T
tripwire
BYU only has 9 losses since 2006.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.