Archived Topic

Ziggy's Fashion Statement Pays Off

by Ygridiron4ever · 5/6/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Exactly what every guy with $12,000,000+ needs.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
Exactly what every guy with $12,000,000+ needs.


I don't know a man alive, rich or poor, who doesn't like free stuff.
G
Gunk
That's awesome. Smart move by IMAX.



And even though Ziggy doesn't "need" it, I'm sure he gets a kick out of it. Free is free.
C
Cougarfan87
snoscythe wrote:
Exactly what every guy with $12,000,000+ needs.


It is funny, but I have heard famous people say that before. Once you become rich and famous, all of a sudden people want to give you stuff for free, even though now you could afford it if you wanted...one of life's interesting ironies, I guess.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Have you guys seen the price of IMAX movies these days? Substantial savings coming to Ansah.
C
Cougy_Monster
BroncoBot wrote:
Have you guys seen the price of IMAX movies these days? Substantial savings coming to Ansah.


Amen.



My wife and I saw Iron Man 3, IMAX 3D, this weekend and it came to a hair shy of $30 for 2 tickets. It's crazy.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Cougy_Monster wrote:



My wife and I saw Iron Man 3, IMAX 3D, this weekend and it came to a hair shy of $30 for 2 tickets. It's crazy.


Was it worth it? I love today's 3D technology, but you're right, its expensive. So if the movie wasn't really made for it, or seem exceptionally good in it, I'ld rather not spend the money.



I'm taking my boys to see Iron Man 3 this Friday while my wife hosts the crazy jewelry party thing. I have heard good things about the movie itself, but not the 3D version, and I'm wondering if Ironman 3 warrants the price for IMAX 3D.
G
Gunk
Cougy_Monster wrote:
Have you guys seen the price of IMAX movies these days? Substantial savings coming to Ansah.


Amen.



My wife and I saw Iron Man 3, IMAX 3D, this weekend and it came to a hair shy of $30 for 2 tickets. It's crazy.


$30...that's it?
C
Cougs_Rule
Ygridiron4ever wrote:



My wife and I saw Iron Man 3, IMAX 3D, this weekend and it came to a hair shy of $30 for 2 tickets. It's crazy.


Was it worth it? I love today's 3D technology, but you're right, its expensive. So if the movie wasn't really made for it, or seem exceptionally good in it, I'ld rather not spend the money.



I'm taking my boys to see Iron Man 3 this Friday while my wife hosts the crazy jewelry party thing. I have heard good things about the movie itself, but not the 3D version, and I'm wondering if Ironman 3 warrants the price for IMAX 3D.


Can I come.....................To the jewelry party thingy? :D
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
You sound like a "ringer" :-)
I
IowaCougar
Cougy_Monster wrote:
Have you guys seen the price of IMAX movies these days? Substantial savings coming to Ansah.


Amen.



My wife and I saw Iron Man 3, IMAX 3D, this weekend and it came to a hair shy of $30 for 2 tickets. It's crazy.


You must live in Utah. It's much more expensive in many other parts of the country.
S
snoscythe
IowaCougar wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
Have you guys seen the price of IMAX movies these days? Substantial savings coming to Ansah.


Amen.



My wife and I saw Iron Man 3, IMAX 3D, this weekend and it came to a hair shy of $30 for 2 tickets. It's crazy.


You must live in Utah. It's much more expensive in many other parts of the country.


Preach, brother.



Even in Denver, which is still on the "cheap" side of things nationally, a standard evening ticket to 2D non-IMAX runs $10-$12. Last time we were in NYC we had an off evening and thought about hitting a late movie until the sticker-shock on Fandango convinced us otherwise--$14 for a 2D at a Loew's theater was not worth it to just kill time.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.