Archived Topic

SI 2014 Mock Draft

by Isola · 4/30/2013

Advertisement
I
Isola
I was scrolling through the SI 2014 Mock Draft and wondered if KVN might make the list. I dismissed the thought as homerific, but sure enough


#22 New Orleans Saints — Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU: The nation was introduced to Van Noy when he recorded 3.5 sacks in BYU’s bowl win over San Diego State — part of 9.5 sacks he had in the Cougars’ final three games. The Ziggy Ansah comparisons are inevitable, but Van Noy is more of a linebacker than his former teammate — and he’s also probably more NFL-ready.
C
Cougs_Rule
Good stuff. Wow! First rounder. Way to Stay KVN! A long time till next year, but well on his way. Should have a great season if other D positions are strong and he can fly around.
L
Lawboy
Should be noted that this mock drafted included all eligible players, not just likely players. Guys like Hundley and Manziel, who will be sophs next year, among others.



KVN could have a massive year for BYU. Plenty of highlight games to make it happen, too.
D
Ddawg
Just imagine - BYU beating the Yewts, Boise St, and Notre Dame (NBC national broadcast). All nationally televised - and a key factor will be KVN's defensive stops, break-ups, sacks, and causing fumbles. His stock will soar thru the roof. I have big expectations. I really think we can win all 3.
Advertisement
K
kjjson
Ddawg wrote:
Just imagine - BYU beating the Yewts, Boise St, and Notre Dame (NBC national broadcast). All nationally televised - and a key factor will be KVN's defensive stops, break-ups, sacks, and causing fumbles. His stock will soar thru the roof. I have big expectations. I really think we can win all 3.

I just hope that we don't have to have his scoring in those games be a key factor as well.
M
Matty-B
Crazy...

I used to watch almost exclusive NFL football and when 49ers started to suck i switched to BYU football (about the same time my best bro had season tickets) in the last few seasons starting with Beck, Collie, Hall, Pitta my interest in the NFL has grown like crazy... I watch all those teams just to see how my BYU guys do. Now I have to watch Lions games too next year.... bitter sweet I suppose. I love that BYU is putting out talent.

Funny to think...

I've been a:

Dolphins

Colts

Cards

Ravens fan the last few years... smh



Just weird to think that BYU's individual player success would result in NFL revenue
C
Cougy_Monster
Matty-B wrote:
Crazy...

I used to watch almost exclusive NFL football and when 49ers started to suck i switched to BYU football (about the same time my best bro had season tickets) in the last few seasons starting with Beck, Collie, Hall, Pitta my interest in the NFL has grown like crazy... I watch all those teams just to see how my BYU guys do. Now I have to watch Lions games too next year.... bitter sweet I suppose. I love that BYU is putting out talent.

Funny to think...

I've been a:

Dolphins

Colts

Cards

Ravens fan the last few years... smh



Just weird to think that BYU's individual player success would result in NFL revenue




Good luck cheering for the Lions.



I lived in Michigan for about a decade until a couple years ago. During that time I saw the Pistons win 2 titles and the red wings take it all as well and the tigers go from suckfest to the World Series and even the WNBA team fielded a championship team....but the Lions year in and year out remained as bottom feeders.



The common denominator? All the championship sports teams in Michigan are owned by the same dude. But Ford owns the Lions. As long as that's the case the Lions will be the suckiest suck that ever sucked.



Nevertheless I will also cheer on the Lions for Ziggy's sake.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
I have seen KVN around town once, and at a BYU function another time. All I can say is that the kid is getting bigger. He looks yolked. I bet he is up to the low 240s this year in playing weight. He looks strong.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
This is all based on the assumption he even chooses to play in the NFL.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Should be noted that this mock drafted included all eligible players, not just likely players. Guys like Hundley and Manziel, who will be sophs next year, among others.



KVN could have a massive year for BYU. Plenty of highlight games to make it happen, too.

I doubt this year is any better than last year. I think the pieces on the team last year enabled him to do really well. He is very good and will do well but i don't see him having a better year statistically than he did last year. just my guess. I also hope he is able to play at the same level having added the significant extra weight that he has.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
I have seen KVN around town once, and at a BYU function another time. All I can say is that the kid is getting bigger. He looks yolked. I bet he is up to the low 240s this year in playing weight. He looks strong.


as of March 12 he was 240. goal was 245. i assume he is there.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/55973764-88/noy-van-byu-says.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



these pics out today make me think that he has reacehd 245



https://twitter.com/BYUcougars/status/362230942779195393/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
This is all based on the assumption he even chooses to play in the NFL.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

What is THIS? Your idea of a sick joke, sno?



;)



But seriously, any reason to think he's not going to the NFL?
G
Guest
BroncoBot wrote:
This is all based on the assumption he even chooses to play in the NFL.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

What is THIS? Your idea of a sick joke, sno?



;)



But seriously, any reason to think he's not going to the NFL?


The NFL isn't for everyone, in a lot of ways its a cesspool of drugs and lasciviousness that some people may want to avoid. I have no idea about KVN but I could see how some people may not want to go there, even if they had the talents to excel.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
This is all based on the assumption he even chooses to play in the NFL.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

What is THIS? Your idea of a sick joke, sno?



;)



But seriously, any reason to think he's not going to the NFL?


The NFL isn't for everyone, in a lot of ways its a cesspool of drugs and lasciviousness that some people may want to avoid. I have no idea about KVN but I could see how some people may not want to go there, even if they had the talents to excel.

Sure, Andrew Rich proved as much a few years ago. Not to mention that most guys come out of the NFL with brain injuries and painful bodies for the remainder of their days (austin collie or dennis pitta anyone?). I'm actually hoping Ziggy doesn't let it all go to his head in Detroit.
J
jonnylingo
nfl didn't turn out well for pitta or collie. shame.



bronco hates the nfl. he really does an dhe has good reason to. the stats on disability, divorce, bankrupt, players coming out the nfl are on his side. the fact that vannoy stayed means that bronco really is helping these players see that the nfl is not everything.
M
Mars


Missions are difficult too. The best thing to do is to prepare in advance so you can best face the challenges head-on and succeed despite them.



Boom. Theoried.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.