Archived Topic

Austin Collie's new team?

by Schmoe · 4/28/2013

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Trying to figure out who will take a chance on Collie. He's mentioned in an ESPN article as a possible pick up for the Jaguars:



"Fortunately for the Jaguars, this is a deep draft at the position, so adding a midround prospect along with a late free-agent signee (maybe Julian Edelman or Austin Collie) would be logical."



http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/48602/eight-in-the-box-wr-status-check" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



He's also mentioned as a secondary option to replace Welker in New England:



"...and other receivers on the free agent market who could get a job offer to come to camp include players like former Giant Ramses Barden, former Cardinals receiver Early Doucet, and former Colt Austin Collie."



http://musketfire.com/2013/04/09/new-england-patriots-offense-and-free-agency-whats-next/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
Signed with 49ers today.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I'm glad to be able to be a Niners fan again.
D
Ddawg
What luck - the 49ers could return to the Superbowl. Collie could get a ring with a little luck. This will be fun to watch.
T
tmoney35
hawkwing wrote:
I'm glad to be able to be a Niners fan again.


Seriously, they finally dumped their :utard: QB and picked up Collie (my NFL allegiances rely almost solely on what BYU or Utah players are starting for them).



I don't think I've ever had a team shoot up my cheering chart so quickly :D
M
Mars


I wish Austin Collie the best of luck out there...
Y
Yndian
Whew. I was afraid I'd have to go a fantasy football season without a Cougar on my roster.
Advertisement
H
hypercoug
Looks like Collie is unlikely to make the final roster.



ESPN:

News: Collie is unlikely to make the 49ers' final roster, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. (Mon Aug 26)

Spin: Collie didn't enter Sunday's preseason game until late in the third quarter, and even if he somehow manages to stick with the team, it appears that he won't have a significant role in the offense. Head coach Jim Harbaugh reportedly made comments indicating that Collie is still dealing with the after effects from last season's torn patellar tendon.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.