Archived Topic

Ziggy #5 Baby!!!

by EM_Puma · 4/26/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I think what I love the most is that he beat Star L. into the draft. I love that! :crazy:



I hope he can handle Detroit. He can always live across the border in the holy-land of Ohio. ;)
I
imuakahuku
Ohio LOL, the state I'm trying to leave! Persecution nothing! This place just plain sucks! The only two good things were the Indians and cedar point. Well the Indians suck now and we only get to the point once a year so not going to miss it much. It was getting too crowded anyways.

I do have to agree however that Michigan is even worse.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
imuakahuku wrote:
Ohio LOL, the state I'm trying to leave! Persecution nothing! This place just plain sucks! The only two good things were the Indians and cedar point. Well the Indians suck now and we only get to the point once a year so not going to miss it much. It was getting too crowded anyways.

I do have to agree however that Michigan is even worse.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Yeah - he will probably end up stuck in a stately mansion in the rolling hills surrounded by trees and a small lake.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougy_Monster
Congrats to ZIGGY!!!



I hope he has a long and fruitful career....despite the fact that as long as the Ford family owns the Lions the team is destined to flop around like a fish out of water.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
imuakahuku wrote:
Ohio LOL, the state I'm trying to leave! Persecution nothing! This place just plain sucks! The only two good things were the Indians and cedar point. Well the Indians suck now and we only get to the point once a year so not going to miss it much. It was getting too crowded anyways.

I do have to agree however that Michigan is even worse.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Well home is were you make it, but you can never down deep take away your roots and Ohio is where my people lived for several generations and will always be special, howbeit somewhat rusted looking these days. I have a brother in Michigan and one in Ohio, so I've seen the good and bad parts of them both. I just miss the greenness of it all, but they can have the humidity.



I think Ansah is the kind of individual that will grow where ever he is planted because he's humble.



There are always "what if's" in life, it's just a game we all play, but last night I thought of what kind of a crazy defense we would have had if Star had made it academically at BYU when he origianlly committed, Manti T'eo would have come and we would have had KVN and Ziggy on the defense. We were ranked #3 defense as it was, but we came close to even being better.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
$11,900,000 signing bonus. Not too shabby.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
$11,900,000 signing bonus. Not too shabby.


:bug: :gross:
S
Stirfry
He probably just 11million times(ed) the GDP of his home town/city. I hope it doesn't mess him up. I don't think it will but it's amazing how fame and money mess so many up. Hopefully Suh can teach him everything he knows from a skills position and nothing more that he knows. I'm stocked to watch the Lions now.
M
MesaCougFan
Served in the MDM, lived 8 years post graduation in the Detroit suburbs, and my beautiful wife was born and raised just outside the city in Livonia. FIL is Stake Patriarch. BIL is Bishop in Bloomfield Hills stake.



I always tell people that Detroit is a great place to be from!



Ziggy is going to blow up this year! Defensive ROY. He gets to study under Suh and Fairly. How can anyone assign double teams to 3 linemen? The rookie is going to have a hay day!
W
Wickchad
EM_Puma wrote:
I think what I love the most is that he beat Star L. into the draft. I love that! :crazy:


I actually say congratulations to both BYU guys who were drafted in the 1st round. We all know that BYU was Star's first choice...
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
mraven wrote:
$11,900,000 signing bonus. Not too shabby.


He also just signed a contract with Nike: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865579004/NFL-draft-Ziggy-Ansah-expected-to-contribute-right-away-for-Detroit-Lions.html


From that same article:

The Lions coaching staff is very familiar with Ansah because they coached him at the Senior Bowl in January. Ansah was named the MVP of the game.



This makes me feel even better about him going to Detroit. I didn't realize they used NFL coaches for the Sr. Bowl but it's great to see that the team that knew him best was also the team that wanted him the most.
I
imuakahuku
Cougarbib wrote:
Ohio LOL, the state I'm trying to leave! Persecution nothing! This place just plain sucks! The only two good things were the Indians and cedar point. Well the Indians suck now and we only get to the point once a year so not going to miss it much. It was getting too crowded anyways.

I do have to agree however that Michigan is even worse.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Yeah - he will probably end up stuck in a stately mansion in the rolling hills surrounded by trees and a small lake.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

In Shang Ri La Michigan

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Wait, Ziggy already has 5 baby mamas? ;-)
U
urroner
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Wait, Ziggy already has 5 baby mamas? ;-)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yz4SxWW-qHU/TTBESMUVQoI/AAAAAAAAAE4/b5_IRpXiBwk/s1600/darth-vader-epic-fail.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://girlsgonewow.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Facepalm_Cat___Motivational_by_L4D2_fan.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://freeloljokes.com/products/420Epic%20Fail.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
imuakahuku wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
Ohio LOL, the state I'm trying to leave! Persecution nothing! This place just plain sucks! The only two good things were the Indians and cedar point. Well the Indians suck now and we only get to the point once a year so not going to miss it much. It was getting too crowded anyways.

I do have to agree however that Michigan is even worse.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Yeah - he will probably end up stuck in a stately mansion in the rolling hills surrounded by trees and a small lake.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

In Shang Ri La Michigan

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Grosse Point is popular with NFL players and Mafia bosses. Bloomfield or Bloomfield Hills. Nice 5-10 acre estates on the lake ssurrounded by wooded hills.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
There are always "what if's" in life, it's just a game we all play, but last night I thought of what kind of a crazy defense we would have had if Star had made it academically at BYU when he origianlly committed, Manti T'eo would have come and we would have had KVN and Ziggy on the defense. We were ranked #3 defense as it was, but we came close to even being better.[/quote]



Or if Z was just a junior and would have stayed one more year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.