Archived Topic

Salon.com Nailed It......Kinda

by snoscythe · 4/19/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
David Sirota wrote a column on Tuesday begging that the Boston bombers be white Americans and not Islamists.



http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Well, he got his white Americans, but they also happened to be Islamists who came with their parents from Chechnya.



Who looks bigoted now? The general American for prejudging that it is probably related to Islam, or the guy who just wrote a dithering piece entirely based on the assumption that all Muslims are brown-skinned and come from the Sandbox??
G
Guest
I honestly don't know how any person can be okay with an article like this. It's incredibly racist and bigoted.
S
SpiffCoug
Well, if they are Chechens, then they are likely Caucasians in the most literal sense.
S
SpiffCoug
Oh and don't forget the new racist slogan of the day "White privilege." I can't wait for the white privilege tax to go into effect.
S
Schmoe
Also funny how many of the lefty socialists guessed that it would be a "right-wing extremist" when, in fact, at least one of the dudes has been sporting a Che t-shirt.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
I saw and read the article a couple days back. I was tempted to post and comment on it. I refrained - tried to use sound judgement. The article really rubbed me the wrong way. I thought it was real enlightening - a snapshot into leftist, biased, liberal thinking. And it's not flattering to them. The Left wanted the bombers to be Tea Party, NRA, Conservative, and white so bad they could taste it.



As for me personally - I did not care whether they were white, black, Middle Eastern Muslim, Hispanic, Asian, Eskimo, or Filipino's. I just wanted them caught. Let the cards fall where they may. Just catch the real culprits and prosecute to the full extent of the law.



Because of that article though - and all the Liberal's that were blaming the bombing on angry Conservative white extremists (even before the blood was dried on the sidewalk) - I'm glad it was Islamic Jihadists. Just so their theories blew up in their faces.
G
Guest
Events are blowing up in the Left's face with the Boston bombing being the act of radical muslim terrorists and the ricin letters being sent by a disturbed liberal activist.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
Events are blowing up in the Left's face with the Boston bombing being the act of radical muslim terrorists and the ricin letters being sent by a disturbed liberal activist.


I went to church, lit a candle, and put some coin in the plate - saying "thank you" for the mental nut jobs that are taking the heat off of Conservatives. I do not wish bad things to happen to people.



But, I hold my breath every time one of these horrible events occurs, and every time the Left journalists have the knee jerk "rush to judgement" and blame it on a right wing Conservative extremist. They've been wrong ever since the Federal Murrah bldg. in Oklahoma City - 1995. That's 18 years of being wrong, but they still blame Conservatives initially with no facts.
S
snoscythe
What I find tragically ironic are some of my Muslim friends on Facebook who happen to be very pro-gun control who previously have been very derisive of "conspiracy theories" about Lanza and Holmes being framed by anti-gun operatives are now engaging in a nice little "investigation" of all the photos etc. of the Boston bombing to try and prove that the Chechnyan brothers have been photoshopped in by the government and that this is a false-flag operation. Never let your past get in the way of your present I guess.



As an aside (now that they have both brothers accounted for), was anyone else just waiting for the involvement of armed drones to be mentioned? I've got to believe that they were out there today, but who knows if we'll ever know.
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
What I find tragically ironic are some of my Muslim friends on Facebook who happen to be very pro-gun control who previously have been very derisive of "conspiracy theories" about Lanza and Holmes being framed by anti-gun operatives are now engaging in a nice little "investigation" of all the photos etc. of the Boston bombing to try and prove that the Chechnyan brothers have been photoshopped in by the government and that this is a false-flag operation. Never let your past get in the way of your present I guess.

S

As an aside (now that they have both brothers accounted for), was anyone else just waiting for the involvement of armed drones to be mentioned? I've got to believe that they were out there today, but who knows if we'll ever know.


They were today in the form of Blackhawks helicopters with heat seeking detection devices. These ones just happened to be manned by pilots....being facetious I know. The article is disturbing I does not matter the politics of such evil left or right. The fact is that good innocent people were murdered and maimed by evil. But good will prevail!
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I think there are leagues of difference between (a) hypothesizing the race/religion/ethnicity/politics based on experience, and (b) hoping for a specific race/religion/ethnicity/politics so that you can further some agenda.



Full disclosure--I tried listening to Sirota on an afternoon talk show in Denver for a few weeks. He co-hosted with Michael Brown--a stalwart conservative who directed FEMA under Bush. It was supposed to be a back-and-forth between the two ends of the spectrum, but Sirota was so far left and so intellectually dishonest that Brown either mopped the floor with him or just let him talk himself to the point of absurdity. I stopped listening because Sirota was so insufferable, but a few months later the listeners from the left got him run off the show because they found his radical progressive views were so injurious to the left.
I
imuakahuku
If reports are correct, the true irony is the Benz SUV. It had a coexist sticker on the bumper.

Oh and yes he is an idiot. Guys like him still claim the NAZI's were right wing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.