B
byucougar15-11, 200, Syracuse (Utah)
Dallsa NFSC All Combine Team - Sparq results: 4.48 40, 4.19 SH, 39.0â PB, 38.5â VJ, 123.30 SPARQ
Selected to the Salt Lake City Tribune All State Team.
Write-up on Scout.Com about Kavika's performance at the Mountain West Elite Camp:
"Fanua had a field day at the camp. Fonua is rated the No. 60 safety prospect nationally in his class. He was a defensive MVP at the camp, having recorded two interceptions during the 7-on-7 portion of the camp. He has good awareness and good coverage skills.
âIt was a good day for me,â Fonua said. âI was able to get the two interceptions and was named one of the campâs MVPs, which was a nice thing. I guess I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.â
Fonua is being recruited by BYU, Utah and Utah State and has been to their campuses for unofficial visits.
âIâve been down to BYUâs campus quite a bit and they always want me to come down during their practices,â he said. âCoach Howell is the one that is recruiting me. I was hoping they would have given me the offer last year, but theyâre telling me that I have to be dedicated and to keep working hard. Itâs all good and I'm just staying patient. BYU is a great defense and a defense I would like to be a part of.
âUtah is just kind of saying the same things. They just told me to keep doing what I'm doing.â
Dallsa NFSC All Combine Team - Sparq results: 4.48 40, 4.19 SH, 39.0â PB, 38.5â VJ, 123.30 SPARQ
Selected to the Salt Lake City Tribune All State Team.
Write-up on Scout.Com about Kavika's performance at the Mountain West Elite Camp:
"Fanua had a field day at the camp. Fonua is rated the No. 60 safety prospect nationally in his class. He was a defensive MVP at the camp, having recorded two interceptions during the 7-on-7 portion of the camp. He has good awareness and good coverage skills.
âIt was a good day for me,â Fonua said. âI was able to get the two interceptions and was named one of the campâs MVPs, which was a nice thing. I guess I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.â
Fonua is being recruited by BYU, Utah and Utah State and has been to their campuses for unofficial visits.
âIâve been down to BYUâs campus quite a bit and they always want me to come down during their practices,â he said. âCoach Howell is the one that is recruiting me. I was hoping they would have given me the offer last year, but theyâre telling me that I have to be dedicated and to keep working hard. Itâs all good and I'm just staying patient. BYU is a great defense and a defense I would like to be a part of.
âUtah is just kind of saying the same things. They just told me to keep doing what I'm doing.â

