Archived Topic

BYU vs Arizona: 3 game series

by SpiffCoug · 4/12/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
2016: @ Phoenix

2018: @ Tucson

2020: @ Provo



I like the series. Not thrilled about the last game being in Provo.
H
HoosierCougar
The :utard: has to hate that a PAC 10.2 team has scheduled BYU for a multi-game series.



What say you Dr Hill and Dimm-Whitt?



Put the Holy War back in place!
F
Fido
I really like this from 2 POVs--regional game and H-H-N.
E
EM_Puma
I like it. I'd always prefer simply home/away scenarios, but if we can't get a passel of BYU fans to a game in Phoenix, then we're useless as a fan base.
G
Guest
Would love to see a few of these series start out Provo, Neutral, Away.
Advertisement
M
MTM
HoosierCougar wrote:
The :utard: has to hate that a PAC 10.2 team has scheduled BYU for a multi-game series.



What say you Dr Hill and Dimm-Whitt?



Put the Holy War back in place!


I'm sure Utah would give BYU all the 2 for 1s you want too. ;)
J
jonnylingo
Excited about a game in Phoenix.
E
EM_Puma
hawkwing wrote:
Would love to see a few of these series start out Provo, Neutral, Away.


Yes, it's been traditionally the way the more "powerful" (almost always translated as "BCS") of the two teams shows that they are the power-broker to have the first home game at their stadium and BYU usually has obliged. That's what I thought was weird with one of the two new independent schools, Idaho or NMS, that actually had a BCS team signed to come to them first. We had that with Washington St, but it's more unusual that usual.
H
HoosierCougar
MTM wrote:
The :utard: has to hate that a PAC 10.2 team has scheduled BYU for a multi-game series.



What say you Dr Hill and Dimm-Whitt?



Put the Holy War back in place!


I'm sure Utah would give BYU all the 2 for 1s you want too. ;)


Fair enough... @Provo, @SLC, @ RioTinto???



But this announcemnt reaffirms that the "hiatus" of the Holy War is squarely on the shoulders of the :utard:. BYU willing to schedule PAC teams, PAC teams willing to schedule BYU. Silence from SLC deafening.
B
byucougar1
I believe this opens up the door to more PAC12 scheduling - perhaps ASU in the future. We have a great number of LDS fans in AZ - will be a lot like LV. Good venue in Univ. Of Phoenix stadium - good crowd size and fairly neutral field (not lots of UA love in Phoenix).
Advertisement
G
Guest
We have family in Mesa, so I'll definitely be going to the U of Phoenix game.
S
scott715
Just found out the two games is on the Pac12 network. So much for exposure.
V
vancouvercougar
hawkwing wrote:
We have family in Mesa, so I'll definitely be going to the U of Phoenix game.


I don't think that University of Phoenix has a football team, but they do have a nice football stadium.
J
jvquarterback
FYI BYU now has two neutral site games in MD and AZ and three away games scheduled in 2016.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
We have family in Mesa, so I'll definitely be going to the U of Phoenix game.


I have family in southern Arizona, I may end up going to this one as well.
Advertisement
M
MTM
HoosierCougar wrote:
HoosierCougar wrote:
The :utard: has to hate that a PAC 10.2 team has scheduled BYU for a multi-game series.



What say you Dr Hill and Dimm-Whitt?



Put the Holy War back in place!


I'm sure Utah would give BYU all the 2 for 1s you want too. ;)


Fair enough... @Provo, @SLC, @ RioTinto???



But this announcemnt reaffirms that the "hiatus" of the Holy War is squarely on the shoulders of the :utard:. BYU willing to schedule PAC teams, PAC teams willing to schedule BYU. Silence from SLC deafening.


I was mostly just giving you a hard time.



Scheduling is always somewhat of a crap shoot but Hawk is right. It would be nice for you guys if the first game of these great series Holmoe is announcing were in Provo. Does AZ actually come to Provo in 2020? Who knows.
F
Fido
I don't have a problem with the neutral site game being on the PAC12 network. The team will be playing in a NFL stadium in front of a bunch of their fans. That is nothing to sneeze at.
M
mormonrasta
I hate it because I love both schools. I hate seeing BYU or UofA lose a game.



The President of the University of Arizona is LDS. I wonder if that had any influence on scheduling.



The game will be on the Pac-12 family of networks which means it could be on ESPN, Fox, or the Pac-12 network.
Y
Yndian
Hooray! As an Arizonan who hasn't been able to go to a BYU football game since I graduated, I was really bummed out when the ASU series got cancelled a few years ago. So now I'm doubly excited!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.