Archived Topic

Rivalry Bets?

by Matty-B · 11/25/2009

Advertisement
M
Matty-B
I'm sure many of you know someone that is a Ute fan and have maybe placed some sort of wager on this Saturday's game.



I myself, work at a golf course and play the game about twice a week. My boss is a yewt and we have placed some stakes on the game. The loser has to equip a Golf club head cover (can be any, ie Driver, putter, hybrid...) or towel that sports their rival's logo. The logo has to be easily seen and when asked about it, we are NOT allowed to mention the bet. The item must be equipped for the entirety of next golf season.



PLEASE WIN COUGS!!!





Post your wagers you have made here.
W
wazzucoug97
I still owe my boss lunch for '04 and '05.... but I think we mutually wiped the slate clean with '06 and '07..... No bets this year or last.
W
Wickchad
Last year's bet wasn't actually on the game itself, but leading up to the game. Me and my buddy did a weight loss bet at the start of the year for 3 months. If I lost I had to buy him season tickets to the U. If he lost he had to buy us tickets to the BYU-Utah game and I got to dress him in BYU gear. 2 months into the bet we added that if I lost by more than 10 lbs I had to upgrade his season seats to the sideline and if I won by more than 10 lbs I got to paint his face and hair.



Well, I won by over 10 lbs. My friend, the dumbass, didn't buy season tickets and ended up having to spend $300 on bad seats from Stubhub for the game.



The shirt is very large so that it would fit on the outside of a coat. The picture below doesn't show much from the back of the shirt but written on back is:



I'm fat and I lost

Harline's still open

4th and 18

Collie is my hero

Magic Happens

1984

In Bronco we trust

Where's Casteel's Heisman?



I liked the shirt so much that I kept it. I had an extra ticket to the game this year so I offered it to my buddy with the condition that he has to wear the shirt again.


BYU.gif

Moral to the story: Don't make bets like this unless you know you are going to win.
S
SpiffCoug
Two bets each of the last five years with two guys. With one guy the loser buys the winner cafe rio. With my boss (a Ute fan) if the Cougars win, I buy him breakfast. If the Utes win, he buys me breakfast. Kind of a win/win. If your team loses, at least you get a breakfast out of it.
M
Mars
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Moral to the story: Don't make bets like this unless you know you are going to win.

Looks like he was so mad he punched a wall and broke his hand. :P
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.