Archived Topic

BYU 2nd Best Team in NIT Tourney

by Ddawg · 4/5/2013

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Tonight Baylor and Iowa played the NIT Championship game. Baylor crushed Iowa. Baylor 74, Iowa 54. Iowa was clearly outclassed by Baylor. To me, it was obvious, BYU was the 2nd best team in the NIT.
C
Cougs_Rule
Agreed. I was going to post similarly. Although, take away two crappy foul calls on Davies and a few other missed calls and that game is a lot closer!!
D
Ddawg
Agreed - : ( The Coug boyz really had a chance - they were in the game. Just a few questionable foul calls, and a couple buckets fall for us - and we won that game.



But, I will say - I think Baylor is a very good team, and a classy team. I have a great deal of respect for the Baylor team. After they beat us, I'm glad they won.
S
scott715
http://kenpom.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IU 24

BU 26

BYU 58

SM 63

UW 80

M 113
N
nuk13
Ddawg wrote:
Tonight Baylor and Iowa played the NIT Championship game. Baylor crushed Iowa. Baylor 74, Iowa 54. Iowa was clearly outclassed by Baylor. To me, it was obvious, BYU was the 2nd best team in the NIT.


A 6 point loss compared to a 20 point loss. It was the luck of the draw, or lack thereof. Do they have an end of season poll? I'd put Baylor around #8 and us about 10 lower. I've gained respect for the NIT.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
http://kenpom.com/

IU 24

BU 26

BYU 58

SM 63

UW 80

M 113


Amazing. Citing data thru 4/5 this poll has Iowa way ahead of BYU and still ahead of Baylor after losing by 20ish. I was surprised to see U at 110 - ahead of Mercer.



BYU clearly was the best in-state team with

BYU

WSU

U

USU



Sequence.



I thought BYU should be 50.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Ddawg wrote:
Tonight Baylor and Iowa played the NIT Championship game. Baylor crushed Iowa. Baylor 74, Iowa 54. Iowa was clearly outclassed by Baylor. To me, it was obvious, BYU was the 2nd best team in the NIT.


Just to play devil's advocate--what about ASU who nearly took down Baylor on Baylor's home court?
D
Ddawg
What you say? Arrrrghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.