Archived Topic

HOWDY Y'ALL!

by ttexastim · 11/25/2009

Advertisement
T
ttexastim
I went to say hello on cougarblue, and found that place to be a ghost town. Luckily someone posted this link, and so here I am.



I'm excited for the game this year. Both teams seem evenly matched. BYU has experience in their corner with a SR. laden team, while the Utes have a promising new QB to try out.



I find myself not overly optimistic going into this game. I think Whittingham will throw some good wrinkles in there to help us out, but I just find myself hoping that we can stop your offense (or at least have some good luck with ours and keep up). It's all going to come down to containing Unga. If we do that, then we win the game. If not, it will be tough to defend your offense. Also ... I hope we cover Pitta well. I hate how that guy is always open in the middle and ready to make plays.



On our side, I think Wide will have a good game. I'm excited to see the Shak lineups and expect to see a few odd plays with Cain lined up as a WR. The coaches have been doing that in the last few games, and I'm excited to see if it will lead to anything, or if it is just a decoy. Wynn seems to have a good arm if he can get in rythm, so I'm excited to see what Reid can do for us. Could Utah develope a deep ball threat in the next few years? I hope so.



It's not as fun playing for #2, but two evenly matched teams is my favorite way to play.



Hope y'all are well!



Go Utes!
B
bostoncoug
We've been wondering when you would show up. It's good to get a reminder that not ALL of YEWTAH fans are disrespectful :crazy:



As for the game, I really really really really really really really hope that Anae will allow Unga to rush 30+ times. I remember the 1996 game where Sark had about 120 passing yards, while Jenkins and McKenzie each had over 120 yards rushing. yewtah's rush defense is not as strong as it was last year, and Unga was the only bright spot last year, sooooo here's hoping that Unga will have a career day on Saturday
S
SpiffCoug
BYU hasn't really let any RB get lose against us. I'm not expecting Wide to do it. Wynn and Cain are both averagely accurate.



If you are correct and it comes down to containing Unga, I like BYU's chances.



Neither team has a strength against an opposing weakness. So it'll be really interesting to see how it plays out. BYU = Strong O, Weak D. Utah = Strong D, Weak O. Both teams have mediocre kicking games. I'd hate for either team to have to rely on a FG to win it.
F
Florwood
kitic77 wrote:

I'd hate for either team to have to rely on a FG to win it.


Wouldn't that be something--to have a last-second Mitch Payne FG be the decider, determining how both he and Max will be remembered at BYU...
G
Guest
ttexastim, you had better remind Whit that all trickplays are now illegal. If you snap it to anyone except the designated qb you will now get a 'deceiving the defense' penalty. 15 yards!
Advertisement
T
ttexastim
hawkwing wrote:
ttexastim, you had better remind Whit that all trickplays are now illegal. If you snap it to anyone except the designated qb you will now get a 'deceiving the defense' penalty. 15 yards!


Why would we snap to anyone out of the ordinary when there are triple reverses to run? ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.