Archived Topic

WCC Commish - BYU Forgotten?

by BYULV · 4/1/2013

Advertisement
B
BYULV
I keep following the tweets to the right fom the WCC Commissioner and can't remember him commenting much, if anything about BYU's run in the NIT. He has a lot to say about non-WCC and non-sports stuff, but one of His conference teams is in the final four of a national tournament and it's crickets. He even congratulated Santa Clara for winning their quarter finals game in the CBI (a tournament I am ignorant of). Maybe I just missed it or am over sensitive, but it seems like the best thing going for the WCC right now is BYU and the NIT, so why so little comment?
C
Cougs_Rule
I hear you. Is there already envy and "selective neglect"??
S
Schmoe
He did congratulate us on our last NIT win, for what it's worth.
G
Guest
If you look at his timeline you'll see 4 or 5 tweets about BYU and the NIT. I'd copy them here, but twitter puts in a weird character that breaks the database.



https://twitter.com/WCC_Commish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
Cougs_Rule
Ok. Guess I missed the as well. Thanks for the copy. He seemed far more interested in his little junket to the NCAA tourney than his only remaining men's bball team
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
He did congratulate us on our last NIT win, for what it's worth.


I think it's worth at least one million dollah's ....... ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
@WCC Commish. Good luck to BYU today #MSG. Way to carry the Conf flag #sitting on a warm beach. Instead of attending Semis.
C
Cougs_Rule
Again, I saw nothing from the commish. Did anybody else? Not that I care a whole lot about attention from him.
G
Guest
Posted 15 hours ago:


Congrats on Coach Rose & Cougs on great run to NYC. #WCC #Represent RT @BYUcougars: .@lowes final score in NY: Baylor 76, BYU 70 #BYUhoops
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Cougs_Rule wrote:
@WCC Commish. Good luck to BYU today #MSG. Way to carry the Conf flag #sitting on a warm beach. Instead of attending Semis.


So does this mean he was the one sitting on a warm beach? I notice now he is at the final four, where no WCC teams are present, but he didn't go to the NIT final four to support one of his own teams?
S
Schmoe
It's all relative. Anyone think we'd have gotten shout-outs from Hair in the MWC? The move to the WCC has been a step in the right direction (next step, new basketball officials in the conference).
C
Cougs_Rule
BYULV wrote:
@WCC Commish. Good luck to BYU today #MSG. Way to carry the Conf flag #sitting on a warm beach. Instead of attending Semis.


So does this mean he was the one sitting on a warm beach? I notice now he is at the final four, where no WCC teams are present, but he didn't go to the NIT final four to support one of his own teams?


This is exactly what I am talking about! Can't seem to See his tweets of good luck to BYU, but I always see his tweets about sitting his pie hole at the NCAA tourney.

He's like a government official having fancy junkets and then tweeting to everyone, "look at me! Look at me!"
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.