Archived Topic

QBs "Live: No THill" per Wrubell tweet

by Cougs_Rule · 3/29/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
No THill, KVN, Hoff, probably no LeBronson Kaufusi; wouldn't be surprised to not see Williams either (why not throw him in the list ;-) )

Oh well, all the more reason why folks will come away impressed with a local kid QB Christian Stewart. It will be great to see AmmonO as well.

Can't wait. Super Excited. See you all there!
L
Lawboy
AS expected. I also think many other will not go live, like KVN, perhaps Hoff, and other guys who had surgery. I'm going to see the depth and who might surprise in the fall, and that is it. Last spring game, it was clear that J. Williams was legit and had huge upside.



The scrimmage itself in March means nothing, Especially this year with the 4 OL recruits coming in in May, along with the JC corners. Hoping we have a aback-up QB worth a darn.
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
AS expected. I also think many other will not go live, like KVN, perhaps Hoff, and other guys who had surgery. I'm going to see the depth and who might surprise in the fall, and that is it. Last spring game, it was clear that J. Williams was legit and had huge upside.



The scrimmage itself in March means nothing, Especially this year with the 4 OL recruits coming in in May, along with the JC corners. Hoping we have a aback-up QB worth a darn.


We have inexperienced QBs and OL top to bottom. I think this is why we are seeing a real Spring Game. They need the work. Hopefully the backups will get more real work than normal in Fall Camp as well. IMHO BYU could have made better use of the skipped practices prepping for the bowl game by practicing the guts who had no liklihood of playing vs SDSU but needed work.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


Time for those nasty Ammon vs Christian threads...
C
Cougs_Rule
Nah. Why argue over #2. I'm glad they are both on board.

But mark my words, if you attend today, there will be fans saying "who is number 7?" Or, "Christian, who?" I'm not saying he will outplay Ammon, but he will turn heads and make us long for the downfield pass like parched travelers in the desert. Except this year, it won't be a mirage/smoke and mirrors.



UPDATE: Jared Lloyd wrote that THill will get some PT today, but not tackled. We'll see.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Nah. Why argue over #2. I'm glad they are both on board.

But mark my words, if you attend today, there will be fans saying "who is number 7?" Or, "Christian, who?" I'm not saying he will outplay Ammon, but he will turn heads and make us long for the downfield pass like parched travelers in the desert. Except this year, it won't be a mirage/smoke and mirrors.



UPDATE: Jared Lloyd wrote that THill will get some PT today, but not tackled. We'll see.

The arguments over number 2 will be there the second number 1 goes down - so why wait. Argue now. To be clear, I can wait until I see them on the field.



I actually hate to see them waste scrimmage game reps on Hill if he is wearing green. Let's developthe others. It has been a long time since we had a season where 2or 3 QBs were not needed.



Who should have been #2 last year - early - Lark or Hill?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
THill indeed did NOT see action in live action. But looked decent in drills.

AOlson looked better today than CStewart, but CS looked pretty good.

Why Tanner Mangum got 3 series is somewhere between interesting to puzzling of he's weeks away from going on a mission.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
THill indeed did NOT see action in live action. But looked decent in drills.

AOlson looked better today than CStewart, but CS looked pretty good.

Why Tanner Mangum got 3 series is somewhere between interesting to puzzling of he's weeks away from going on a mission.


Irrespective of the mission - how did TM look?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I saw a stat that he was like 8-8. No kidding. Bt toward the end of the scrimmage, both sides of ball looked chaotic and messy. But credit TM
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.