Archived Topic

Best 11 to play on D (Coach Poppinga)

by byucougar1 · 3/26/2013

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Heard the interview and the quote. Seems like Fua, Hadley and KVN will be on the field together in various situations. Wonder if Fua will be the nickel back?

Predicted Starting D Lineup:

E. Manumaleuna

Marques Johnson

B. Kafusi

KVN

Unga

Pikula

Hadley

Hague

Johnson

Sorenson

Bills
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I look at these names and I think this will be another solid defense. I don't think we will be top 3, but I am thinking top 10. I like this personnel a lot and I think we're going to be fine reloading the D. Yeah, through the commentary on some other threads there is some argument for a question mark here and there, but overall, I'm thinking top ten D. These players will get it done.
B
byucougar1
I like the starters. However, I believe the two areas where we need help is depth on the D line and in backfield. Not so sure about proven experience at the twos at the corners, backup NT and DEs.
L
Lawboy
BYU DLine will be fine and will rotate. Peck will get some reps at DLine, and Kanuch is going to be a beast at NG once he gets fit again. Tui Crichton could add depth as will Theodore King.



I'm most concerned with boundary corner, but it sounds as if BYU has some guys coming in who could get that job done. OF the 2 corner spots for BYU, it is easier to play due to scheme.
B
byucougar1
Agree about corner concerns.



Right now depth at DBs shows:



1. Johnson then Povey

2. Hague then Comer

3. Like the transfers behind our safeties:



KAT - Sorenson then Reilly

FS - Bills then Wadsworth



DL still doesn't look as strong as last year but it appears that we have bodies:



DEs - Kafusi then Peck; Manumaleuna then King (hope that we can bring pressure with our speed);

DT - Johnson then Kanuch (hope that this group creates need for double team).
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Not sure how much speed Manu or King brings. I wonder if Holt can break into end side. Or Michael Doman. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kaufusi and Peck ending up as DEs. OT Tui in the middle. He is a big load but has to get in shape.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.