Archived Topic

Tonight - Mercer vs Y

by Ddawg · 3/25/2013

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
I am excited for this game. I've been checking the Vegas odd makers. I'm seeing that BYU is favored to beat Mercer anywhere fro 2-7 points. The Cougs were favored to beat the Huskies by 6, but won by 11. Great effort by the big 3.



Personally, I think this will be a close game. Haws, Davies and Carlino played fantastically to beat Washington. They need to do the same tonight. The Y beats Mercer by 3.
E
EM_Puma
I honestly could argue a win or a loss because this BYU team has been that contrasting. In the second half of last weeks game they were red-hot, but we have learned by sad experience that such a performance is possible, but at times the team can't hit the side of their own faces with their hands and misserably fail. Last week, before the game, a friend and I agreed that if Carlino scored at least 15 points, BYU would win. Prior to the game, Greg Wrubell said that if the Cougars scored 70 points, they would win. Both of those events happened and BYU won convincingly.



I'll go along that same line and say that if Carlino scores 15 points, we will win. If he doesn't, we will lose. Mercer this season has scored 1/3 of their game totals through the 3-point ball and in this season BYU has not done well in shutting down most 3-point teams.
G
Gunk
We win, great! We lose, we get to shrug it off.



I'm excited to watch another BYU basketball game and hope we get to watch another one this week.
S
SpiffCoug
The longer BYU keeps playing the less disappointing this season becomes.



I like BYU to win tonight. I see a similar game to the UW game. Close game early, BYU is able to pull away by the end.
D
Ddawg
SpiffCoug wrote:
The longer BYU keeps playing the less disappointing this season becomes.



I like BYU to win tonight. I see a similar game to the UW game. Close game early, BYU is able to pull away by the end.


+1. Bingo! You know the team is loving the playoff atmosphere. Even if it is the NIT.
Advertisement
Q
Qman
SpiffCoug wrote:
The longer BYU keeps playing the less disappointing this season becomes.



I like BYU to win tonight. I see a similar game to the UW game. Close game early, BYU is able to pull away by the end.


If we make the finals we could reach the magical 25 wins.
B
BYULV
Qman wrote:
The longer BYU keeps playing the less disappointing this season becomes.



I like BYU to win tonight. I see a similar game to the UW game. Close game early, BYU is able to pull away by the end.


If we make the finals we could reach the magical 25 wins.


Now we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. I just want to enjoy this game tonight and hope for another one this week.
D
Ddawg
I just finished my "Honey-do List" and turned the game on. BYU 28, Mercer 11. :D :D :D Yeah baby!
S
stgeorgefan
Bill walton needs to shut up... Gonna mute the computer and listen to my jazz game instead
D
Ddawg
Bill Walton is a diarrhea mouth pot head. Great player. Annoying announcer.
Advertisement
S
scott715
68-60 Y 11 min left. No tv at the hotel at Zions Natl Park.
D
Ddawg
scott715 wrote:
68-60 Y 11 min left. No tv at the hotel at Zions Natl Park.


You're in a beautiful place - sucky no TV. This a great game. 6 min. to go. Y 78, Mercer 63. For the 1st time this game, I am starting to feel some confidence.
S
scott715
Got ksl. Davies hurt his finger and left the game. 2 min left up 86-68.
D
Ddawg
Ok ..... down to 1 min. Cougs 89, Bears 69. We got this. I thought it would be much closer. Great team effort. Mongo happy. We are alive.
Y
Yndian
Great couple of games. On the NCAA/NIT poll, I picked "3 or more" NIT wins to make it worth missing the NCAAs, but the way we won these two games has me feeling way better than I thought it would.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Yndian wrote:
Great couple of games. On the NCAA/NIT poll, I picked "3 or more" NIT wins to make it worth missing the NCAAs, but the way we won these two games has me feeling way better than I thought it would.


+1. Advancing in the NIT - I would rather be BYU than Gonzaga, St. Mary's - or the Yewt BB team. :sick:



This is fun. Great fun. 8)
B
byucougar1
Big 3 played outstanding: Davies (26), Haws (24), Carlino (18), and surprising point contribution by Zylstra (14). Throw in the energetic play of Austin (7 Rebounds) and a couple of swats, and BYU had a great game. Especially enjoyed seeing the team play agressive defense and outrebounding Mercer 43-31 while shooting 46% from the field. If they continue to play fired up like this, they have a chance of getting to final 4 in MSG.
S
scott715
What does the attendance look like?
S
Schmoe
scott715 wrote:
What does the attendance look like?


Looked good on TV. The lower bowl completely filled and a lot of upper bowl seats filled. Tried to look up the attendance on ESPN, but all it says is N/A.



PS-consider yourself lucky you didn't have to listen to Bill Walton and his marijuana-induced rants all night.
B
byucougar1
Jay Drew tweeted that it was 12,929. Not sure if that is accurate.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.