Archived Topic

I know I'm old fashioned

by EM_Puma · 3/21/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
but a female giving the BYU BB a grade at DesNews is about as comfortable to me as a female doctor giving me the "cough" test.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576263/BYU-Basketball-report-card-Tyler-Haws-37-points-leads-Cougars-to-NIT-win.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Her comment "Although the BYU Cougars struggled to put the ball in the basket for much of the night, they managed to overcome the Washington Huskies in a 90-79 win..." didn't quite hit the mark.



Yes, in the first half they struggled to put the ball in the basket, but if you score 90 points, overall, you did pretty good in putting "the ball in the basket".
G
Guest
Yeah, their are some odd statements in that report. In her defense, we did struggle putting it in the basket in the first half, with only Haws being able to score, but the 2nd half we really had no troubles.
E
EM_Puma
hawkwing wrote:
Yeah, their are some odd statements in that report. In her defense, we did struggle putting it in the basket in the first half, with only Haws being able to score, but the 2nd half we really had no troubles.


Exactly, and that's how she should have written it as her comment doesn't differntiate and we ultimatley scored 90 points and we had only done that in 6 of our 32 games previously.
S
SpiffCoug
The problem was it seemed like she wrote her article at halftime and then made added a few comments but didn't change anything she had written previously or updated her grades to reflect more information.



Yes, the first half was poor, but several players performances in the 2nd half more than made up for it.
B
BerliNY
EM_Puma wrote:
but a female giving the BYU BB a grade at DesNews is about as comfortable to me as a female doctor giving me the "cough" test.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576263/BYU-Basketball-report-card-Tyler-Haws-37-points-leads-Cougars-to-NIT-win.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Her comment "Although the BYU Cougars struggled to put the ball in the basket for much of the night, they managed to overcome the Washington Huskies in a 90-79 win..." didn't quite hit the mark.



Yes, in the first half they struggled to put the ball in the basket, but if you score 90 points, overall, you did pretty good in putting "the ball in the basket".


You'd rather have a man administering the cough test?
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
BerliNY wrote:
but a female giving the BYU BB a grade at DesNews is about as comfortable to me as a female doctor giving me the "cough" test.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576263/BYU-Basketball-report-card-Tyler-Haws-37-points-leads-Cougars-to-NIT-win.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Her comment "Although the BYU Cougars struggled to put the ball in the basket for much of the night, they managed to overcome the Washington Huskies in a 90-79 win..." didn't quite hit the mark.



Yes, in the first half they struggled to put the ball in the basket, but if you score 90 points, overall, you did pretty good in putting "the ball in the basket".


You'd rather have a man administering the cough test?


Didn't think about it until you asked the question that it would be any issue for a guy being checked by a guy, but I got your question. Yes, being old fashioned, I still wouldn't want to drop my drawers for a female doctor. Would have really hated it as a kid for all those sports physicals. I don't believe I've ever been attended by a female doctore in my life.
F
Fido
Old fashioned? Or sexist? And bashful apparently. :lol:
E
EM_Puma
Fido wrote:
Old fashioned? Or sexist? And bashful apparently. :lol:


I prefer to say, "Traditonal" :)
B
BoiseBYU
It doesn't take a woman to say stupid things, witness monson and franchuk.....
1
1967cougar
As one who just had a woman Dr. stick her finger up my butt yesterday (prostrate check) and having had male Drs. do it often over ther years, I can honestly state that my sphincter could not tell the difference. And as I was leaned over the exam table humiliating myself while spreading my cheeks with my hands and feeling so totally helpless, I can honestly say that I couldn't see if it were a man or woman doing the actual penetrating. But (and this is a big BUT), when I turned around I would much rather look into the eyes of a male Dr. instead of a female. Just sayin.



I'm just wondering why she started calling me "Stallion" afterward. I mean, I don't look like Sylvester Stallone.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
1967cougar wrote:
As one who just had a woman Dr. stick her finger up my butt yesterday (prostrate check) and having had male Drs. do it often over ther years, I can honestly state that my sphincter could not tell the difference. And as I was leaned over the exam table humiliating myself while spreading my cheeks with my hands and feeling so totally helpless, I can honestly say that I couldn't see if it were a man or woman doing the actual penetrating. But (and this is a big BUT), when I turned around I would much rather look into the eyes of a male Dr. instead of a female. Just sayin.



I'm just wondering why she started calling me "Stallion" afterward. I mean, I don't look like Sylvester Stallone.


How big a BUT? ;)
C
Cougarbib
1967cougar wrote:
As one who just had a woman Dr. stick her finger up my butt yesterday (prostrate check) and having had male Drs. do it often over ther years, I can honestly state that my sphincter could not tell the difference. And as I was leaned over the exam table humiliating myself while spreading my cheeks with my hands and feeling so totally helpless, I can honestly say that I couldn't see if it were a man or woman doing the actual penetrating. But (and this is a big BUT), when I turned around I would much rather look into the eyes of a male Dr. instead of a female. Just sayin.



I'm just wondering why she started calling me "Stallion" afterward. I mean, I don't look like Sylvester Stallone.


Once when I was getting checked a small group waljed in and my doctor asked me if it was OK if they observed as part of their training. At that point - I figured oh well - have a convention - just hurry. This was the cattle prod procedure - not just the finger check.



Wish you had not brought this up - I am past due for a prodding.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
Notice how it's us older gentlemen with anal intrusion experiences who are commenting. Look at what all you younger guys have to look forward to. And we haven't even touched the topics of colonoscopies, erectile dysfunction (which, at 64 I thankfully have yet to experience), memory loss, arthritis, and a boatload of other maladies that come with aging. The trick is to accept it gracefully and keep your face to the sun (and the Son).
S
Schmoe
Yeah, just had a relative with a pre-cancerous polyp found down there, now I have to get checked while I'm still twenty years away from when I should be getting violated.
B
byucougar1
This conversation gives new meaning to the excuse, "Yeah, but..."
Advertisement
M
Mars


I don't mind regularly-scheduled medical check-ups. But it does bother me when the doctor winks afterwards.
E
EM_Puma
Wow. Never expected this topic to go in this direction.
M
Mars
EM_Puma wrote:
Wow. Never expected this topic to go in this direction.

Expect the unexpected.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
Wow. Never expected this topic to go in this direction.

Expect the unexpected.


But then nothing is unexpected and you won't know what to expect.
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
But then nothing is unexpected and you won't know what to expect.

That's why people love March Madness. They have learned to expect something that they don't expect to happen. IE La Salle/Harvard/Gulf Coast.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.