Archived Topic

So who's going to the game Monday?

by EM_Puma · 3/21/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
At least this time there should not be much interference for LDS families in Utah and SL counties and a lot of sports programs allow Mondays for families. There's no YM/YW conflicts.



In total honesty it is the familes that make BYU attendance numbers larger than most. There were a lot of kids at the Washington game. 7:30 games permit that while the 9 PM conference games did not and you didn't see as many children. This being a 7 PM Monday night game, I would be disappointed if we don't make it to 12K.



I'll be there.
S
SpiffCoug
In!
Y
YNot
I'm going again. Jury is still out on how much of the family comes. Somewhere between 2 and 7.
G
Guest
I'll be there, hoping to meet up with wahde, spiff, puma, and anyone else whos interested.
G
Gunk
If BYU makes it to the semi finals of the NIT, is it worth a trip out to NY? The finals?



Personally, I'd rather win the NIT than not make it past the first round of the NCAA tournament.



If you win the NIT, do you think the NCAA tourney committee thinks to themselves, "Ooops, we probably should have included that team"?
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Tickets a bit hotter this time. Last time I had pick of 1/3 of section 21 (mid court blue seats). I got on 5 minutes before we non-Cougar Club folks were supposed to get on and that sections was already filled. Still don't think it'll be a sell out. Tennessee would have brought out more fans, but we'll have a few thousand more fans.
T
tmoney35
I'm there! After thinking the Gonzaga game would be my last time watching a BYU team in person (for a good 5-6 years, at least), I'm LOVING the extra home games
B
BYULV
I'm in and bringing the whole family up from sin city. I think we come close to 15k for this game (filling the Marriott, not in my family).
E
EM_Puma
Not certain if they have the upper seats shut down to drive people to buy in lower bowl first, but I'm thinking that is what BYU is doing. As I just went to see what seats were available, they are showing only seats available in end of court opposite the student section, but number of seats "low". The only other seats available for selection are the upper chairs in sections 106, 108, & 109.



I'm only guessing, but I think they want to fill those areas before they open up the upper bench seats because they are charging $10/seat whether you are in the plush blue chairs or on a nose bleed upper bench, so I have to believe if there are still upper chairs open, they are manipulating the seating to fill from the bottom up.
E
EM_Puma
I'm a financial analyst, so shoot me. I counted. There are 40 seats left in the lower bowl and 80 in the upper chairs. Those 120 seats are the only ones BYU is indicating that they are selling at the moment.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Now (10:30 AM MST) there are only 3 lower bowl seats available and they have opened the sections to the left and right of the upper bowl chairs and now have opened the upper benches of the opposite side, first seven rows (media side). So they are only opening seats as one area fills.
K
kjjson
I am back in town and have tickets to go (7 of us going).
W
wahdee
hawkwing wrote:
I'll be there, hoping to meet up with wahde, spiff, puma, and anyone else whos interested.

I would like to see you as well. Section 3 row 14

Stupid ticket system was overwhelmed and when 20 min had passed I launched another browser and boom I was connected. The original finally connected 10 minutes after I had my tickets printed!

Glad to be going and the seats are a row closer than the UW game. 8)
W
wahdee
EM_Puma wrote:
Tickets a bit hotter this time. Last time I had pick of 1/3 of section 21 (mid court blue seats). I got on 5 minutes before we non-Cougar Club folks were supposed to get on and that sections was already filled. Still don't think it'll be a sell out. Tennessee would have brought out more fans, but we'll have a few thousand more fans.


Even us who have Gold level CC status had to wait till 2:00.

My bro in law has been a Gold for I believe 17 years and all that support was not worth a thing as far as priority goes. All the Legacy 1-4 could buy 8 seats and 5-9 got 6 starting at 9:00am. They cleaned out the blue seats.
E
EM_Puma
As of Saturday morning, the Marriott Center has sold 11,700 tickets for Monday night's game with Mercer.



I would expect maybe at the most a couple hundred tickets more selling, so I'm predicting 12K in attendance.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I think it will be very difficult for BYU to sell the upper bowl seats for $10 for a team like Mercer, even though they are a very good team. They're just not a name.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.