Archived Topic

BYU in the NIT--#3 Seed

by snoscythe · 3/18/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Well, the waiting game is over. We host Washington on Tuesday.



Does Rose use this time to develop younger guys, or do seniors Zylstra and Cusick continue to serve as black holes of playing time?
J
JamieVallen
Anyone have any idea about how tickets will go?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
Well, the waiting game is over. We host Washington on Tuesday.



Does Rose use this time to develop younger guys, or do seniors Zylstra and Cusick continue to serve as black holes of playing time?


Who is there to develop? Calvert is mission bound.

Winder? Maybe

Harward? More wasted time.

Kaufusi? I would guess BK might be done and focused on football. He's practiced all week in football.

Augi? Maybe.

Delgado? Sounds good.



You have a good point Sno. But I Don't think that Rose mails it in. One last chance at home to go out on a positive. THaws will have rested, and maybe UW will not have scouted as well as WCC teams. Which means Davies and Haws Will play better, unless they have mailed it in and feel that the NIT is below them. I guess same goes for UW. Maybe they are deflated as well.
T
tmoney35
All the reports suggested that we were on the bubble even for the NIT. I'm thinking stadium size and potential TV ratings has something to do with that #3 seed
B
BroncoBot
UW eats BYU's lunch, especially if BYU plays zone and allows their good offensive rebounders to crash the boards all night. Will be good to see another BYU game though.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
It was just cool to finally see BYU got some respect because of who they are and not how they were playing. If I had to bet, I'd put my money on UW, because of the way BYU was playing at the end of the season, but if they put it together, then WE CAN WIN.
E
EM_Puma
I wish they'd hurry and get out some tickets options
E
EM_Puma
I don't think we use the opportunity to develop anyone, but just play to win.
Y
Yndian
EM_Puma wrote:
I wish they'd hurry and get out some tickets options


According to G-Money Wrubell,

BYU's NIT ticket info is as follows:



Legacy 1-5 reserved seat tickets

Tickets are on sale now by logging into your BYUtickets.com account. Legacy priority ordering period will go until Monday morning at 11:00 am MT. Tickets are $10.



Reserved Seat Tickets

All other fans may buy $10 reserved tickets beginning at 11:30 am MT on Monday morning at BYUtickets.com or by calling the Marriott Center Ticket Office at 801.422.BYU1 (2981).



Courtside Cougars

Courtside Cougars wishing to purchase tickets may call the Marriott Center Ticket Office on Monday morning beginning at 9:00 am MT at 801.422.2981 to buy their seat for $50 per ticket. Courtside Cougars will have until Monday 5:00 pm MDT to purchase their reserved tickets.



Student Section General Admission Tickets

Students will receive FREE admission with the Student All-Sport Pass or $4 without an All-Sport pass. The NW Marriott Center doors will open at 6:00 pm MST on Tuesday evening.
B
bigblahla
Romar gets less from more than almost any coach in Div.1. Quit playing Gonzaga for a more national schedule but losing 8 of the last 9 might have had something to do with it.



The Huskies play ratball, helter skelter and if they are making shots they can be tough but they experience scoring droughts in almost every game they play giving you either a chance to catch up or pull ahead. When they choose they can play defense but they also might not show up on "D".



If the Cougars play as a team you should get the win.



Good Luck.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
tmoney35 wrote:
All the reports suggested that we were on the bubble even for the NIT. I'm thinking stadium size and potential TV ratings has something to do with that #3 seed


One local reporter (Jeff Call) broadcast widely that BYU MAY have been on the NIT bubble. However, most NIT bracketologists had BYU as a 4 or 5 seed. The 3 seed is a bit of a surprise, as is the opportunity to host 2-seed Tennessee if we beat UW. But stadium size and potential TV ratings definitely helped out. I believe the BYU-UW game and the Kentucky-Robert Morris game are the only NIT first round matchups to be broadcast on ESPN.



After a win, I hope we play Tennessee next Monday night - don't have to compete with the NCAA tourney for viewers....
Y
YNot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Who is there to develop? Calvert is mission bound.

Winder? Maybe

Harward? More wasted time.

Kaufusi? I would guess BK might be done and focused on football. He's practiced all week in football.

Augi? Maybe.

Delgado? Sounds good.



You have a good point Sno. But I Don't think that Rose mails it in. One last chance at home to go out on a positive. THaws will have rested, and maybe UW will not have scouted as well as WCC teams. Which means Davies and Haws Will play better, unless they have mailed it in and feel that the NIT is below them. I guess same goes for UW. Maybe they are deflated as well.


I bet we see a full helping of Zylstra and Cusick tomorrow night. Zylstra plays well at home, so that gives us a better chance to win.



Even if Ambrosino and Delgado don't get many minutes, a win (by playing Zylstra and Cusick) gets BYU a deeper run in the NIT and gets Haws, Carlino, Winder, Austin, and Sharp more minutes in a post-season atmosphere. A run in the NIT will help the team next year, even if the JC guys don't contribute significantly in the NIT.



I'd rather see BYU win than sit Zylstra and Cusick.
N
nuk13
I don't like calling BYU players black holes. I hope Rose plays to win and does that with whoever can get the ball through the hoop and/or stop UW from doing so.
S
scott715
Bronson will probably play as it is at home.
S
snoscythe
nuk13 wrote:
I don't like calling BYU players black holes. I hope Rose plays to win and does that with whoever can get the ball through the hoop and/or stop UW from doing so.


At this point in the season, I'm fine calling them black holes. Rose and Holmoe have made a point about how nice it would be to get to the NIT so the younger players could develop. Spending your limited remaining minutes this season on the seniors seems at odds with that idea. Play the seniors as much as you need to win, but if you can win with the young guys, you need to let the seniors go.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.