Archived Topic

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall and more

by craigoscarson · 3/17/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/45808/marshall-henderson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Thought I'd insert some sacrilege and curiousity (I purposely added Ute transfers that improved after they left; makes it an even curiouser debate)



Who here would have traded Cusick, Zylstra, and Delgado for Marshall Henderson at the beginning of the season and who would now?



No for me at the beginning, and at the risk of his obvious douchebaggery, I would do it now, with little hesitation... and when he acted like an ahole I would write it off as him being more Max Hall ("competitor") than say Ryan Kessman (dbag) (course Kessman couldn't product either).



Who here would have traded Nate Austin, Auggie Ambrosino, and Ian Harward for Jordan Loverigdge at the beginning of the season and who would now?



(I think I would have there but the 3 for 1 would have made it hard... now it would have been an easy decision)



How about Loveridge for Davies?



How about Will Clyburn for Josh Sharp, Ambrosino, Cory Calvert, and Bronson Kaufusi (just the hoops Kaufusi, they don't get the DE)



I would have said absolutely not, and now I'd do it without a ton of hesitation



It's fairly amazing to me how some players improve in a years time and many of our guys simply don't. I honestly cannot say a single Cougar hoopster got substantially better as the season went on or since last season.



Is it the players or the coaching? Is it the atmosphere at BYU? Maybe it's just the loss of Rogers and Collinsworth... no idea to be honest. Just curious to hear others opinions of the random stuff and the issue of improvement.



Here's another, if you're Sai Tummala (not LDS) and both Utah and BYU offer, where do you go? Coach Rose and staff have shown that they can't effectively integrate a JUCO player (or can they and we just added the wrong ones), show preference to RMs, and finished the season poorly OR Utah that has shown they know how to integrate transfers and have young up and coming players already on campus, and finished somewhat strong....



I honestly, liked the addition of Delgado and Ambrosino. I was saddened that Delgado showed up out of shape and Ambrosino was more limited in the post than I realized.. or is it that they didn't get a chance? And will Tummala get a chance?



btw - I can't answer any of these questions
B
BroncoBot
Ugh. I've thought of the same things. Especially in regards to Loveridge. He's been a beast for the Utes down the stretch. Could be the best player of all those recruited by BYU and Utah during his year.
S
Schmoe
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....
B
BerliNY
Schmoe wrote:
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....


and an E?
S
Schmoe
BerliNY wrote:
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....


and an E?


Your powers of divination are astounding!
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Carlino's passing improved. Our inbounds plays were better (when Carlino was passing them in... Cusick, not so much). Other than that, you are right. There isn't a single player that improved markedly from last year to this.



Calvert should have played more and Cusick a whole LOT less. Zylstra came up big in some games, but had many games that he was a net negative. Davies was a dissappointment. I would trade Davies pre "incident" vs post incident. He got softer and not smarter ever since the fallout.
U
urroner
BerliNY wrote:
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....


and an E?


Gimme a "B!"

B!

Gimme an "O!"

O!

Gimme an "S!"

S!

Gimme another "S!"

S!

Gimme a "RAISE!!!!"



We did this cheer for our boss several years ago on Boss's Day at a nice restaurant.
G
Guest
Schmoe wrote:
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....

I believe this comment is in regards to Marsha, not to craigo
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....

I believe this comment is in regards to Marsha, not to craigo


Yes, definitely.
B
Brayden Green
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Gimme a D! Gimme an O! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme an H!....

I believe this comment is in regards to Marsha, not to craigo


Yes, definitely.




Oh, I see.



I'll finish it than. "A" and then "Y"



That's french for ya ;)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I wouldn't trade Zylstra or any BYU player for Henderson. BYU already had enough poor shooters they didn't need to add any more.



Henderson is a complete chucker. He is neither an effective not efficient shooter. He has always gotten the green light from coaches to shoot as much as he wants.
Q
Qman
On the subject about BYU players improving/ not improving-



I would argue that Haws has improved significantly but he I believe he did most of that on his own.



Sharp made some small improvements this year. Winder has been disappointment.



Is it coaching? Or lack of offseason work? Injury rehab taking all the skill development time?



Or do we simply not have talented enough guys?
C
Cougarbib
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Carlino's passing improved. Our inbounds plays were better (when Carlino was passing them in... Cusick, not so much). Other than that, you are right. There isn't a single player that improved markedly from last year to this.



Calvert should have played more and Cusick a whole LOT less. Zylstra came up big in some games, but had many games that he was a net negative. Davies was a dissappointment. I would trade Davies pre "incident" vs post incident. He got softer and not smarter ever since the fallout.


Davies was All WCC. Sheesh.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.