Archived Topic

Maataua Brown Leaving

by scott715 · 3/15/2013

Advertisement
S
scott715
We were told he was leaivng on a mission. Talo Stevens is reporting via twitter that he was going to U Florida. Big loss if true.
G
Guest
That's quite a mission!
B
byucougar1
Gainsville East Mission????
D
Ddawg
Exchanging the snow for the sun? Not a tough choice - if true. Bummer. :~(
T
trueblue72
byuroster.com is usually up-to-date on all of this stuff and has a very accurate roster has Brown listed in his file "Players no longer in the program" and has him listed as "Enrolled at Florida instead"



Well this sucks!
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Wonder what happened. Perhaps he decided no mission, and BYU had no schollie?
S
scott715
Might had been grades.
L
Lawboy
scott715 wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.
B
BYULV
Lawboy wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.
B
Brayden Green
BYULV wrote:
scott715 wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


He's not worthy to live the HC, just like every other LDS recruit that chooses a better school over BYU. ;)





(TIC)
Advertisement
N
Noclpdm
BYULV wrote:
scott715 wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


Probably--I'm guessing coaches trump admissions officers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Noclpdm wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


Probably--I'm guessing coaches trump admissions officers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I hope that's true, but isn't this why Starr Latul.... Ended up at Utah, because he didn't have the grades or scores for BYU.
I
imuakahuku
Noclpdm wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


Probably--I'm guessing coaches trump admissions officers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Nope, they don't. They have to meet the same standards as the other students otherwise the school would be sued every time they suspended or kicked a non athlete out and kept the athlete with the same grades.



One of the main things other than higher academic scores and minimum gpa requirements is the requirement of attending class. Many universities do not require you to go to class but it is mandatory.
N
Noclpdm
BYULV wrote:
BYULV wrote:
scott715 wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


Probably--I'm guessing coaches trump admissions officers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I hope that's true, but isn't this why Starr Latul.... Ended up at Utah, because he didn't have the grades or scores for BYU.


I thought Star didn't meet NCAA standards and that's why he went JC. If he were merely below BYU standards and not NCAA, I'm sure he would have gone straight to Utah instead of Snow.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
Noclpdm
imuakahuku wrote:
BYULV wrote:
scott715 wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


Probably--I'm guessing coaches trump admissions officers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Nope, they don't. They have to meet the same standards as the other students otherwise the school would be sued every time they suspended or kicked a non athlete out and kept the athlete with the same grades.



One of the main things other than higher academic scores and minimum gpa requirements is the requirement of attending class. Many universities do not require you to go to class but it is mandatory.


There is no way... Schools admit students for all sorts of non academic reasons. After all, didn't both Al Gore and GW Bush go to Harvard.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Noclpdm wrote:
Noclpdm wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Might had been grades.


Doubt it. BYU and Florida have the same NCAA Requirements. So if he qualifies, he qualifies.


Same NCAA requirements, yes, but same admission criteria? I doubt it.


Probably--I'm guessing coaches trump admissions officers.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Nope, they don't. They have to meet the same standards as the other students otherwise the school would be sued every time they suspended or kicked a non athlete out and kept the athlete with the same grades.



One of the main things other than higher academic scores and minimum gpa requirements is the requirement of attending class. Many universities do not require you to go to class but it is mandatory.


There is no way... Schools admit students for all sorts of non academic reasons. After all, didn't both Al Gore and GW Bush go to Harvard.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Harvard must have known that Al Gore would invent the internet (and global warming) thus paving the way for Mark Zuckerberg... and they also knew that GW would invent a war thus paving the way for the demise of the GOP and come uppance of the least seasoned (with the worst resume') president in American history. That's some serious foresight...

And BYU must have known that Manti would have a make believe girlfriend (and a notso make believe problem tackling in the national championship game) and that Star had heart problems :whistle:



Honestly, BYU has a minimum and 99% of students aren't going to get accepted based on that minimum; scholarship athletes will. However, that minimum is still above the requirements for say the average Boise State student.



btw - I'm just babbling here. Not sure anything coherent was just typed.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.