Archived Topic

Adam Hine

by mizzoucoug · 3/14/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
So, who is this kid? Sounds like he's been discussed for years now but is only now set to play. Bronco said today that he's the #2 behind Williams, and apparently he's got some legit wheels too.



Is it too much to hope for that we'll have 2 Ronney Jenkins in the backfield this season? I mean, I wouldn't have believed that we would ever field a top 10 defense 2 years in a row so bring on the surprises.
T
tww
I am pretty sure he still holds the state high school high jump record in Utah at something like 7' 2". So he is as athletic as you could ask for. I know he played RB and QB in high school.



Whether all of that can come together and be utilized remains to be seen.
D
Ddawg
Adam Hine is legit. Extremely athletic. The only question is his durability and staying injury free. We shall see. If he can stay healthy, and he finds some daylight, watch Adam hit overdrive. The running game should be very exciting (if 2-jay can get that O-line to perform).
S
SpiffCoug
Hine hasn't proved anything. He's nowhere close to being legit. It is completely unknown.
C
Cougs_Rule
C'mon Spiff, just use the P word. It's ok. ;) It won't kill anybody. He has shown both promise and potential otherwise Bronco wouldn't mention him as a 2. If the absolute litmus test is performance in an actual game..... The kid has speed and moves. That is a known.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I will use the P word in conjunction with one other word for Hine:

PROVE IT.



Potential and promise mean jack.



And yes, the absolute litmus test IS actual game performance. you don't play the game for practice sessions. You don't practice for practice. You practice for the GAME. Practice stats and performance don't mean anything if it's not reproduced on game day.



PROVE IT.
A
ABYUFAN
SpiffCoug wrote:
I will use the P word in conjunction with one other word for Hine:

PROVE IT.



Potential and promise mean jack.



And yes, the absolute litmus test IS actual game performance. you don't play the game for practice sessions. You don't practice for practice. You practice for the GAME. Practice stats and performance don't mean anything if it's not reproduced on game day.



PROVE IT.

That's actually two words ... ;)
S
SpiffCoug
ABYUFAN wrote:
I will use the P word in conjunction with one other word for Hine:

PROVE IT.



Potential and promise mean jack.



And yes, the absolute litmus test IS actual game performance. you don't play the game for practice sessions. You don't practice for practice. You practice for the GAME. Practice stats and performance don't mean anything if it's not reproduced on game day.



PROVE IT.

That's actually two words ... ;)

Right, hence my "in conjunction with...

;)
J
jonnylingo
Hine in high school was his whole team. he played offense defense special teams. i think i saw him play quarterback and receiver on the same play 8)



i have seem him play in practices and scrimmages. I think it is fair to say that he is good. it is also true that he has not proven anything on the field at this point. I think ddawg is right. he needs to stay healthy and see the field before we can get too excited about him.
G
Gunk
jonnylingo wrote:
Hine in high school was his whole team. he played offense defense special teams. i think i saw him play quarterback and receiver on the same play 8)



i have seem him play in practices and scrimmages. I think it is fair to say that he is good. it is also true that he has not proven anything on the field at this point. I think ddawg is right. he needs to stay healthy and see the field before we can get too excited about him.


Too late! I'm already excited. Hine is destined for the NFL and if he doesn't get drafted it's because Bronco mis managed him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I've got one word to say about Hine: I think he will be a great backup to the other running backs and the running game won't miss a beat when Williams and Alisa need a breather.
J
jonnylingo
Gunk wrote:
Hine in high school was his whole team. he played offense defense special teams. i think i saw him play quarterback and receiver on the same play 8)



i have seem him play in practices and scrimmages. I think it is fair to say that he is good. it is also true that he has not proven anything on the field at this point. I think ddawg is right. he needs to stay healthy and see the field before we can get too excited about him.


Too late! I'm already excited. Hine is destined for the NFL and if he doesn't get drafted it's because Bronco mis managed him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


boooooyah!! Right on brother!
C
Cougarbib
Hine has been hyped for years. RM IIRC. Has been injured. He and Pritchard have both been hyped as franchise players. Both have yet to show anything.



And that, ultimately is what counts and what remains to be seen. Add Alisa to this list. He was not hyped, and he did play and flash for a game or two - but, he faded into the mediocrity we have enjoyed since 2010 with running backs - decent - but not franchise players.



Williams is not fully proven, but proved he is way better than Alisa and as a 17 year-old true freshman, probably has considerable upside if he stays healthy.



I have optimism for Hine and Pritchard since they are both young and gaining in experience, but I have big reservations about their health and durability.



Remember that our competition has increased and it will be an even bigger challenge for our backs to measure up against their forefathers who feasted on WAC or MWC defenses.



It will be fun to watch.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
Hine is just a RS Soph this year. He is an RM, did a redshirt in 2011 and was Scout team player of the week, so made that trip to Hawaii that year. Got hurt in 2012 and saw limited PT.



If you were at the spring game in 2012, you saw that he had skills. Strong kid, runs hard, is physical. Just has had injury issues.



I still think Williams will be the starter, but Hine will get touches in 2013. He has some talent and ability.
D
Ddawg
Lawboy wrote:
Hine is just a RS Soph this year. He is an RM, did a redshirt in 2011 and was Scout team player of the week, so made that trip to Hawaii that year. Got hurt in 2012 and saw limited PT.



If you were at the spring game in 2012, you saw that he had skills. Strong kid, runs hard, is physical. Just has had injury issues.



I still think Williams will be the starter, but Hine will get touches in 2013. He has some talent and ability.


+1. Yes he do. Staying healthy is the issue. If he stays injury free, Adam Hine will contribute. You can't teach what he has - raw speed.
Advertisement
C
crazycougar84601
Lawboy wrote:
Hine is just a RS Soph this year. He is an RM, did a redshirt in 2011 and was Scout team player of the week, so made that trip to Hawaii that year. Got hurt in 2012 and saw limited PT.



If you were at the spring game in 2012, you saw that he had skills. Strong kid, runs hard, is physical. Just has had injury issues.



I still think Williams will be the starter, but Hine will get touches in 2013. He has some talent and ability.


IIRC he got hurt in the spring game 2012
C
CrimsonCoug
crazycougar84601 wrote:
Hine is just a RS Soph this year. He is an RM, did a redshirt in 2011 and was Scout team player of the week, so made that trip to Hawaii that year. Got hurt in 2012 and saw limited PT.



If you were at the spring game in 2012, you saw that he had skills. Strong kid, runs hard, is physical. Just has had injury issues.



I still think Williams will be the starter, but Hine will get touches in 2013. He has some talent and ability.


IIRC he got hurt in the spring game 2012


That sounds right. Can't remember what it was, though.



The guy took a screen pass 50 yards to the house yesterday in the last series in team. What's not to like?



And he's got 3 years left in the program.
B
beauso79
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
I've got one word to say about Hine: I think he will be a great backup to the other running backs and the running game won't miss a beat when Williams and Alisa need a breather.


According to Bronco it appears Hine has passed Alisa as #2 unless Alisa will be used primarily as a FB



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CrimsonCoug
beauso79 wrote:
I've got one word to say about Hine: I think he will be a great backup to the other running backs and the running game won't miss a beat when Williams and Alisa need a breather.


According to Bronco it appears Hine has passed Alisa as #2 unless Alisa will be used primarily as a FB



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I saw one report attributing this to Alisa being slowed by injury. Didn't say whether it was old or new.
L
Lawboy
Alisa should have bulked back up to 245 and played FB this year. Williams has passed him and Hine might as well. But since Pritchard has not performed as expected at FB, he has a chance to contribute. That is, if Anae uses that position much this year.
Page 1 of 7
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.