Archived Topic

Taysom is the apparent #1 QB

by frdbtr · 3/7/2013

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
He has taken the #1 snaps two practices in a row. Barring a change, it seems like the choice has been made but not announced.
D
Ddawg
No way. He doesn't have the seniority. ;)
N
nuk13
"And here we have Idaho, winning her way to fame."
C
Cougs_Rule
No one likes an "I told you so" kind of guy.
G
Guest
I don't think many doubted that Taysom would emerge on top, baring some unforeseen injury or amazing performance by one of the other guys when given their chance.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Taysom is the real deal. He has and will continue to separate himself from every other quarterback on the roster, just want everybody was hoping for. we may get lucky and have a skilled non polarizing leader at quarterback once again. fingers crossed.
C
Cougs_Rule
Except for those who indicated it was "Time to get excited for........Ammon Olson." ;-)



BTW, why didn't you say it was time to get excited and introduced to Christian Stewart?Sounds like he is vieing for the two spot.
S
SpiffCoug
Good.



Hopefully he can continue producing at a good level throughout spring ball so that a starter can be named. I don't want him or any QB to leave the for open for a challenger.



If he's the best then he should run away with this race.
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
Good.



Hopefully he can continue producing at a good level throughout spring ball so that a starter can be named. I don't want him or any QB to leave the for open for a challenger.



If he's the best then he should run away with this race.


i want a start named before spring ball is over. i don't want five quarterbacks trying to organize summer workouts at the same time trying to provide leadership. name the leader and have him run the show.
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Except for those who indicated it was "Time to get excited for........Ammon Olson." ;-)



BTW, why didn't you say it was time to get excited and introduced to Christian Stewart?Sounds like he is vieing for the two spot.


I didn't have a video for Stewart. And I'm still excited for Ammon Olson, I think he'll be a great backup and eventual starter for the Cougars. Plus, his interview was exciting. I love to see kids like Olson come to BYU.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Cougs_Rule wrote:
No one likes an "I told you so" kind of guy.


You act like you were the only one who thought he would be the starter. I think you will find, once you come down from your delusion, that most thought he would be the starter once the dust settled, but thought it was also fair that the other QB's got a fair shake at winning the job.
S
snoscythe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
No one likes an "I told you so" kind of guy.


My wife's been telling me that for YEARS.
C
Cougs_Rule
frdbtr wrote:
No one likes an "I told you so" kind of guy.


You act like you were the only one who thought he would be the starter. I think you will find, once you come down from your delusion, that most thought he would be the starter once the dust settled, but thought it was also fair that the other QB's got a fair shake at winning the job.


Hilarious. You are as off here as you were with your 'bold, audacious' prediction that a starter would be named by the first game. Face it fried butter, go back and read the Munns thread. Some of US actually could see through this mis-speak by JaBeck and some of yous were wanting your warm milk and cookies and a nap, before putting on your big boy pants once you saw the majority of posters had already figured out or were joining the club real fast.

It really is small Potatoes as far as predicting goes. I could care less, it wasn't really that tough to see for a few of US. But next time you want to pick a fight bring some facts, or the actual history you were making reference to Or leave it be.
F
frdbtr
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:
No one likes an "I told you so" kind of guy.


You act like you were the only one who thought he would be the starter. I think you will find, once you come down from your delusion, that most thought he would be the starter once the dust settled, but thought it was also fair that the other QB's got a fair shake at winning the job.


Hilarious. You are as off here as you were with your 'bold, audacious' prediction that a starter would be named by the first game. Face it fried butter, go back and read the Munns thread. Some of US actually could see through this mis-speak by JaBeck and some of yous were wanting your warm milk and cookies and a nap, before putting on your big boy pants once you saw the majority of posters had already figured out or were joining the club real fast.

It really is small Potatoes as far as predicting goes. I could care less, it wasn't really that tough to see for a few of US. But next time you want to pick a fight bring some facts, or the actual history you were making reference to Or leave it be.


No, you are the one that is hillarious. You whined like a little baby for 13 pages about how it was a waste of time for the coaches to even look at anyone but Taysom. Everyone else was saying that we figured Taysom would win the starting job but it was totally fair to tell everyone in the media that it was a level playing field. If you really want to look at my record on Taysom, look back a few months ago when I was making the prediction that Taysom was going to be the guy next year because a bunch of people (probably you included) were criticizing Bronco for talking about how good Olsen looked as the scout team QB.
C
Cougs_Rule
For the sake of other posters, I will drop this one. You can cover your tracks and misquote all you want. Go back and read the thread.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
For the record, I think and have thought Taysom would be the starter and would win the starting job. I also had NO problem with giving other QBs reps. Especially with Taysom coming off an injury and surgery.



I just didn't see anything wrong with a new coaching staff evaluating ALL players on their roster at a given position. And I certainly wasn't calling for anyone's head out job because they wanted to evaluate other players or for simply setting a depth chart prior to any practices being conducted.
F
frdbtr
Anyone with eyes and a childs knowledge of football could see from Taysom's brief performance last year that it would take a pretty extraordinary performance by one of the other QB's in camp to knock him out of the the starters position. Like Spiff said, I had no problem letting the new coaching staff evaluate anyone in spring, we all knew who was going to be the starter next fall. (barring injury). If one of the other QB's beat him out, I would have no problem supporting them since they would have had to be really good to do it.
C
Cougarfan87
Detmer was not named the starter until the end of Fall camp his sophmore year--even though he was much better than Sean Covey.



We all need to relax about who gets named starter when. Whoever starts the first game is hopefully going to be the best player to do so--that wasn't always the case, but we have a new slate of people evaluating QBs. Let's trust that the new slate of offensive coaches can do their jobs. They have not done anything to be mistrusted.



Taysom looked very good last year. Probably most impressive was how little he turned over the ball as a Freshman. I have not seen any other QBs to compare him to, but apparently they have not looked any better. It is still way early in the process. Like others have stated, I will support whoever starts because I will assume, with the new staff, that it is the person that gives us the best chance to win.
M
mizzoucoug
I've said it before and I'll say it here again. I would be surprised if Taysom doesn't end up in the BYU QB hall of fame--at least at a John Beck or Sarkisian level. The kid has the look and the tools.



As long as we keep the Doman restraining order in effect there shouldn't be anymore major injuries during his career.
C
Cougs_Rule
You have such a "child's knowledge". :roll:
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.