Archived Topic

3 Names you may hear again

by Mars · 3/6/2013

Advertisement
M
Mars


Riley Stephensen was our Punter, and he graduated. Justin Sorensen is our Kicker, but he was and has been injured. So that leaves...





* Scott Arellano, Punter

From Foothill College

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/scott-arellano" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



* Tyler Jackson, Kicker

From Itawamba Community College

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/tyler-jackson-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.letsgoicc.com/sports/fball/2012-13/players/tylerjacksonb017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



* Jordan Miller, Punter

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/jordan-miller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





Not sure what has happened to walk-on Kickers Matt Gulbrandsen ( http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=4204797" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , http://www.deseretnews.com/top/971/57/Matt-Gulbrandsen-Gridiron-missionaries-LDS-football-players-currently-serving-missions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , injury?) and Corey Edwards (not yet home from his Mission?)...
M
Mars
"K Tyler Jackson, #31, 5'10", 175 lbs, True Sophomore, attended Lafayette H.S. in Oxford, Mississippi (Class of 2012), played at Itawamba Community College in Mississippi in 2012. I caught up with Tyler yesterday and he seems like a great kid and is loving his time at BYU. Tyler was just baptized a member of the Church in June of 2012. He told me he had a very close friend who talked with would often talk with him about the gospel and he would always argue and fight back. After nine months of this, she tearfully invited him to speak with the missionaries. He agreed to meet with them, secretly hoping he could prove the Church wrong but as he met with the missionaries and read The Book of Mormon, it only took two meetings for him to know he wanted to be baptized. At the start of the third session, he came right out and asked to be baptized. He was even able tocome to Utah the week after his baptism for a visit to Temple Square. There was only one other Priest in his home ward in Oxford, so he got a lot of good attention from his Priesthood leaders. Tyler told me to pass a message on to Cougar fans everywhere: "Never give up on anything that you do. A year ago I would never have pictured myself at BYU or even playing football for a Division 1 program, but I worked diligently in everything I did. I gave up some pretty big opportunities elsewhere because I knew I needed to be here, and now here I am. Anything is possible if you’re willing to put in the necessary work and effort!""



http://byuroster.com/2013/03/06/more-walk-ons-added/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
That's the kind of story that I like.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.