Archived Topic

BYU WCC Tournament Schedule

by Gunk · 3/5/2013

Advertisement
G
Gunk
BYU plays this Friday at 8:30 pm PST (ESPNU). We'll play the winner of San Diego vs. Pepperdine. Obviously, we'd rather play Pepperdine. If you want to watch the San Diego vs Pepperdine game, BYUtv will broadcast it live on Thursday at 8:30 pm PST.



Should we win Friday night, we play SMC Saturday night at 8:30 pm PST (ESPN2).



Should we finally beat SMC, we advance to the finals and play the winner of Gonzaga vs either Santa Clara, San Francisco, Portland or LMU depending on how the previous round play out. Game will be played on Monday at 6 pm PST (ESPN)



We should win the first round. Big question will be whether we can get past SMC. We manage that and beating Gonzaga will, of course, be a taller order.



Best case scenario, we play Pepperdine, beat SMC, Gonzaga gets upset before we get to the finals, and win the conference.



Likely scenario, we beat San Diego and lose to SMC. Gonzaga beats SMC.



Given how the season has gone, I'll be happy if we make it to the finals.
G
Guest
Anyone going down?
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
Anyone going down?


Wife said "no." Something about her being left with all the kids while I'm off watching basketball and playing golf for 4 days.



The format of the WCC tournament really hampers going down for the games. I'd go if it was just a matter of taking a Friday off and going down to Las Vegas for a day or two. But with the championship game on Monday, I'd have to take two days off and extend my trip two additional days.
S
scott715
Make it a 2 day trip.
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:
Anyone going down?


Wife said "no."


http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1542-giggle.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Any watch parties/get-togethers?
J
JamieVallen
hawkwing wrote:
Anyone going down?

Yeah I believe I am. I doubt there is many people more frustrated with this team than myself, that being said I'm fairly certain ill be heading down to at least the Friday/Saturday games. (Assuming they make it past San Diego).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Gunk wrote:
Wife said "no." Something about her being left with all the kids while I'm off watching basketball and playing golf for 4 days.

Psh. Women.
G
Guest
I'm open to having some kind of viewing party if others are interested.
S
SpiffCoug
I can probably do a watch party Saturday easier than Friday.
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Duke-UNC on Saturday night as well. Awesome day for viewing, generally.
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
I can probably do a watch party Saturday easier than Friday.

Ditto for me (Saturday).
G
Guest
Saturday sounds good. Just bring food! :)
I
IowaCougar
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Anyone going down?


Wife said "no."


http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1542-giggle.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Most everyone ignored the double-entendre, but I must admit this is what I was thinking when I read this. "Yeah, my wife said no too". :whistle:
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
Saturday sounds good. Just bring food! :)

Maybe I'll stop for some wins on my way over.
Advertisement
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
Saturday sounds good. Just bring food! :)

Maybe I'll stop for some wins on my way over.


Wins for the BYU win!
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
Saturday sounds good. Just bring food! :)

Maybe I'll stop for some wins on my way over.

Where do you get these "wins" and how much do the run?
J
JamieVallen
I'm in Vegas, I didn't end up buying a ticket. I hope ill find a scalper.



I don't normally bet on college basketball, but I feel like this game will be closer than Vegas does. I have SD covering the spread which is 10 points.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
JamieVallen wrote:
I'm in Vegas, I didn't end up buying a ticket. I hope ill find a scalper.



I don't normally bet on college basketball, but I feel like this game will be closer than Vegas does. I have SD covering the spread which is 10 points.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I hope you lose money. :D
J
JamieVallen
In a way... So do I... I hope BYU actually plays like they have something to prove, which has been all too rare for this team this year, but they probably won't. So I'm probably gonna make some money off of BYU's ability to play to the other team's level. No matter how horrible that team is.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.