Archived Topic

The Vegas Spread vs. Utah

by Mars · 11/24/2009

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I so desperately want this to be the first of many years that we just pound Utah into the ground, I'm talking 21+ point wins, lots of big plays and big hits, Utard 3 n outs, kickoff run back for a touchdown, pick sixes, etc. Please, please, please let this be the year...
V
vancouvercougar
I want us to play a game like we did against Wyoming 50+ to 0.

However, I will walk out of the stadium with a smile for a 1 point win.
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:


7 1/2 points.

That's how much BYU is favored by.



http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/



Do you think we cover? Do you care (or would a 1 point win be enough, even though you really want to see a complete and total blowout?)?


Couldnt' care less as long as we win!!!! But nobody would argue how sweet it would be to blow them out by three touchdowns or more.
C
CAFB_04-12
I just don't see this one as a blow out, though I would love one. I think 7 sounds about right, though you never know with those pesky Utes.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
I'm with Schmoe, though I suppose a cliffhanger would be more memorable.
E
EM_Puma
Florwood wrote:
I'm with Schmoe, though I suppose a cliffhanger would be more memorable.


Unless you were just born in the last year, we've had two great cliffhangers and I'll send you the CD rather than have to endure another. Granted, when all is said and done, there is a lot of joy derived from stealing the heart out of Utah once they think they have the game on ice like we did with Harline and then Collie/Unga, but I could enjoy a comfortable win without batting an eye. I'd love to have those SNOTS take to the exists early.
L
Lawboy
We broke their hearts with close wins in 2006 and 2007, but now it is time for 2008 pay back. I say crush them!!!!!!! I want a beat down so all Yewt fans in LES are silenced early. Early score, force a TO, another score and set the tone for a hammering.
G
gmj81
Of course I'd be happy with any kind of a W, even by one point, but I really want this team to run it up on the pukes this year. Part of me wants to still see three MWC teams in the top 25 but I'd give that up in an instant if we can hang 50+ on them.



I really feel like the pukes last touchdown last year was unnecessary. I'd like to return the favor and have Terrance Brown rush one in on a goal line stand or two-point conversion.
S
snoscythe
gmj81 wrote:
I really feel like the pukes last touchdown last year was unnecessary. I'd like to return the favor and have Terrance Brown rush one in on a goal line stand or two-point conversion.


Screw Terrance Brown--I want to see them put Riley Stephensen in at RB and let him take it up the middle for two. What's more insulting--(a) we used our 340 pound behemoth lineman to lumber in for the score, or (b) our placekicker ran it down your throat?
Advertisement
F
Florwood
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm with Schmoe, though I suppose a cliffhanger would be more memorable.


Unless you were just born in the last year, we've had two great cliffhangers and I'll send you the CD rather than have to endure another. Granted, when all is said and done, there is a lot of joy derived from stealing the heart out of Utah once they think they have the game on ice like we did with Harline and then Collie/Unga, but I could enjoy a comfortable win without batting an eye. I'd love to have those SNOTS take to the exists early.


I'd have no problem with a beatdown. The AF game was fun,start to finish, even with the lopsided score and odd calls.
S
SpiffCoug
A nail-biter (2006, 2007) is memorable, but not necessarily more memorable than a blowout. If the margin of victory is 10-14 points, I could see that game being forgotten. But if we beat Utah like we beat Tulane this year (54-3) or Wyoming any of the last three years (55-7, 44-0, 52-0), I gaurantee that would be just as memorable.
U
urroner
I love games where we come from behind and beat the other team just when they know they have beaten us. That is sooooo depressing for them. The "fourth in 17" play or the "he's still open" play were daggers in the back of the ewets.
J
jonnylingo
kitic77 wrote:
A nail-biter (2006, 2007) is memorable, but not necessarily more memorable than a blowout. If the margin of victory is 10-14 points, I could see that game being forgotten. But if we beat Utah like we beat Tulane this year (54-3) or Wyoming any of the last three years (55-7, 44-0, 52-0), I gaurantee that would be just as memorable.


I don't think I agree with this. "4th and 18" will never be forgotten. "harline is still open" will not be forgotten. These are much more memorable because they are so unlikely than a simply blowout. simple blowouts happen all the time. magic like 4 and 18 when the game is over almost never happen.



I would love something like that to happen again. but it would be better for my health to have them blowout utah thus saving the stress on my heart, mind, and body of watching a nailbiter for a few hours.
W
wazzucoug97
Since 2001.... I have seen nail biting wins, nail biting loses, and 2 beatings at the hands of the yewts (04, I was at RES and 08)..... TIME FOR A COUGAR BEAT DOWN.... Forget the memories I want this game decided handily by the mid-third quarter :evil:
Advertisement
I
Italics
snoscythe wrote:
I really feel like the pukes last touchdown last year was unnecessary. I'd like to return the favor and have Terrance Brown rush one in on a goal line stand or two-point conversion.


Screw Terrance Brown--I want to see them put Riley Stephensen in at RB and let him take it up the middle for two. What's more insulting--(a) we used our 340 pound behemoth lineman to lumber in for the score, or (b) our placekicker ran it down your throat?


True, buuuut...



what's more entertaining:

A) watching our placekicker squeeze through a couple :utard:'s for a TD, or

B) watching our 340 pound behemoth lineman shatter the bones of a couple :utard:'s as he stampedes over them?
B
BYUby40
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm with Schmoe, though I suppose a cliffhanger would be more memorable.


Unless you were just born in the last year, we've had two great cliffhangers and I'll send you the CD rather than have to endure another. Granted, when all is said and done, there is a lot of joy derived from stealing the heart out of Utah once they think they have the game on ice like we did with Harline and then Collie/Unga, but I could enjoy a comfortable win without batting an eye. I'd love to have those SNOTS take to the exists early.


All the more room for me!
S
SpiffCoug
jonnylingo wrote:
A nail-biter (2006, 2007) is memorable, but not necessarily more memorable than a blowout. If the margin of victory is 10-14 points, I could see that game being forgotten. But if we beat Utah like we beat Tulane this year (54-3) or Wyoming any of the last three years (55-7, 44-0, 52-0), I gaurantee that would be just as memorable.


I don't think I agree with this. "4th and 18" will never be forgotten. "harline is still open" will not be forgotten. These are much more memorable because they are so unlikely than a simply blowout. simple blowouts happen all the time. magic like 4 and 18 when the game is over almost never happen.



I would love something like that to happen again. but it would be better for my health to have them blowout utah thus saving the stress on my heart, mind, and body of watching a nailbiter for a few hours.


You are so right. Nail-biting, end of the game miracles happen much more often than Cougar blowouts of the Utes.



Oh wait. They've happened twice in the last three years (4th & 18, Harline's still open). Oh wait, they've happened three times in the last eight (Staley). Four times in the last nine (Lavell's Last Miracle). Five times in the last 11 (Kaneshiro Boink).



Whereas it's been since 1996 since BYU blew out Utah. In fact, BYU only has one win by more than seven points in the last 16 games.



Plus, if the Cougs blow out the Utes this year, it will be memorable simply because it hasn't happened in so long.
W
wazzucoug97
kitic77 wrote:
Plus, if the Cougs blow out the Utes this year, it will be memorable simply because it hasn't happened in so long.


This is ALL I want for Christmas!
C
CougarPeasant
snoscythe wrote:
I really feel like the pukes last touchdown last year was unnecessary. I'd like to return the favor and have Terrance Brown rush one in on a goal line stand or two-point conversion.


Screw Terrance Brown--I want to see them put Riley Stephensen in at RB and let him take it up the middle for two. What's more insulting--(a) we used our 340 pound behemoth lineman to lumber in for the score, or (b) our placekicker ran it down your throat?


Nominated for post of the week.



:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.