Archived Topic

Bronco Quote

by mizzoucoug · 3/3/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
"I want to see the program absolutely dominant on the football field."



I've heard him talk about NC's, top 25 finishes, and such but this is a different type of expectation. At least in my mind. I assume his confidence is pretty high with the type of D he has managed the last 2 years--they have been dominant. Obviously the offense has been soft as butter, but I think Bronco now understands that it can be coached no matter what type of recruiting classes we get.



I like the attitude and hopefully Bronco means it. Once the offense gets its makeover I think it's possible that his wish may actually come true. We just need the other half of the team (plus kicking) to join the party.
F
frdbtr
If we had had last years defense in 06, 08, or 09, we would have been undefeated in at least a couple of those years if not all 3 of them. So the hope is that Robert Anae can develop another offense like in those years and Bronco keeps the defense playing like it did last year. In 06 and 09 we had good defenses but none of them were as athletic, talented, or as fast as last years. Bronco did wonders with little talent back then. In 08 our D started out good but got decimated with injury which is a bad combination when you are already down on talent.
D
Ddawg
I have no doubt Bronco wants to see BYU football become dominant on the field. That's why the huge "O" shake-up. Bronco is serious. There are greater so many factors involved - recruiting, injuries, players transferring out of the system, players getting into brawls and tossed out of the program, and finally, the HC violations that get players dismissed. I think this year will be good, but very challenging.
M
Mars


Robert Anae says that he will run a different offense at BYU this time than he did last time. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.
S
scott715
Wasn't that what we wanting when he left?
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


Robert Anae says that he will run a different offense at BYU this time than he did last time. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.


My guess is Robert (I'm on a 1st name basis ya know ;) ) learned a few wrinkles at Arizona under the tutelage of Rich Rodriguez. I'm sure that sure he expanded his offensive "repertoire" by competing weekly against the bright offensive minds at Stanford, USC, ASU, Washington, etc.



The big plus is - BYU football is the beneficiary now. I sincerely am excited. Robert Anae will have a balanced and well oiled O-team come this Fall.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I think I will refer to him as Dr. Anae. I can't think of any other program in college football coaching who has a PhD on the staff.
S
Stirfry
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
I think I will refer to him as Dr. Anae. I can't think of any other program in college football coaching who has a PhD on the staff.


Agreed! I would also suggest we start refering to Tom Holmoe as Tom "Super Bowl Champion" Holmoe.
C
Cougs_Rule
Or how about just "super Bowl Tom."
M
mizzoucoug
As much as I like Taysom and think he's going to be a great one, he is still basically a noob Freshman and Anae will likely hold him back--unfortunately. With a schedule like this one our defense is going to have bad games and we'll need a high-powered offense to win. I just think it's way too soon to expect this to actually happen. Luckily, this is the best and toughest schedule we've ever had so all extenuating excuses are out the window in 2013.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.