Archived Topic

Blair Tashaus transferring?

by 49erCoug · 3/2/2013

Advertisement
4
49erCoug
There is a rumor on rumorboard :bug: thatsays Tashaus is transferring.. anyone know for sure? If this is the case..who plays center? Reynolds is hurt and may not return.. those were the two guys that played center last year,,
L
Lawboy
BYU just recruited 2 guys to play center. One was a JC kid, and t he other was Kearsley. I suspect the JC kid will play it t start the year and Kearsley will grow into the spot by his junior season.



Tush probably saw the writing on the wall. I think he is having trouble putting on the weight. And as far as rumors go on CB, transfer rumors tend to be true.
4
49erCoug
Thanks Lawboy!!
B
beauso79
If he transfers hopefully they can give his scholarship to Jason Fanaika



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Mendenhall indicated that Junior offensive lineman Blair Tushaus has decided to transfer, and they will slot Manaaki Vaitai to be the starting offensive center heading into Spring practice.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Gushy is definitely transferring. He always struggled fitting in at BYU as a catholic. I don't think he ever found a way to feel comfortable here.
B
Brayden Green
Well, we need depth on the Oline, but he certainly wasn't great at center.



Hope he finds what he is looking for, and thanks for being a cougar!
G
golong
No loss, let him go. We need guys who can play, who have some talent, and toughness, and can protect Hill.
S
stuckinbig10country
The being comfortable comment is really concerning. BYU used to be much more diverse religiously, especially on the sports teams, than it is now. If people are feeling uncomfortable now, where they didn't before, then that needs to be fixed.
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
Gushy is definitely transferring. He always struggled fitting in at BYU as a catholic. I don't think he ever found a way to feel comfortable here.

I like Blair, but he may have been our 7th-string Center next year...
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
Gushy is definitely transferring. He always struggled fitting in at BYU as a catholic. I don't think he ever found a way to feel comfortable here.


Judging by his tweets, this may be the case. He seemed very depressed. I am not sure if that is because of BYU environment or personal issues.
G
Guest
It seemed more personal than environmental to me.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
It seemed more personal than environmental to me.


I would agree.
A
ate000j2
Yea... Blair was actually fitting the BYU environment very well. He lost quite bit of weight and that put him away from his position. The precious coaches were not caring him much either...
S
scott715
http://tucson.com/sports/football/college/wildcats/ua-football-notebook-rodriguez-talks-michigan/article_613017be-5073-52c3-8d26-9c04fb00eb68.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Former BYU center moving to tight end



Rodriguez and the Wildcats have gotten creative with their newest tight end.



Former BYU center Blair Tushaus is on Arizona’s roster as a tight end, and will help provide some depth at a thin position.



Tushaus, an invited walk-on, spent four seasons at BYU and received his degree. As a result, he can play this season for Arizona and doesn’t have to sit out.



Tushaus played 15 games over the 2011 and 2012 seasons at center for the Cougars. He was listed on BYU’s roster at 6-2, 270, but has trimmed down to 239 pounds.



“He’s a pretty good football player,” Rodriguez said. “He’s a tough guy. He can probably help us at least on special teams.”



Tushaus is originally from Scottsdale and played at Notre Dame Prep.



Arizona now has five tight ends on their roster in Tushaus, Josh Kern, Aaron Lacombe, Hunter Layton and Trevor Wood. Only Kern — a converted quarterback — and Wood are on scholarship.
Advertisement
Q
Qman
I hope the guy is happy.
S
scott715
Maybe Anae helped him find the spot. A one year TE is surprising. Also sounds underweight. Not sure I get it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Old school TE. Run Blocker. and sounds like special teams.
J
jvquarterback
I hope he does well. Too bad he couldn't keep the weight on.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.