Archived Topic

Lone Peak Poll #2

by SpiffCoug · 2/28/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
How would Lone Peak do against a WNBA team?



My feeling, it wouldn't even be close. Like further apart than BYU and Lone Peak.
B
BerliNY
I would pay $100 to watch a PPV version of this.



If you look at world-class female sprinters they are usually on par or slightly better than Utah's best male high school sprinters. I think it would be close.
J
jbluesuu
It would not even be a contest. Lone peak by 50.
C
Cougs_Rule
These LP polls just get more farsical in an attempt to burnish their incoming and current star status. It is mockery and an attempt to de-heaps-ify the best HS team in the country and best ever in Utah. And a team that continues to dismantle and blow out the best Utah high school teams in the state tournament--which ought to be enough evidence to suggest that while they may not beat BYU, they could hang with BYU which would otherwise be a total blow-out scenario for any other high school team.

This includes Shumway, who while a football recruit, tore up last nights team when the opponent tried to shut down the big three. He is a very capable player and in my previously posted scenario, give Haws a fit by playing him physical like all the good WCC teams have.
S
SpiffCoug
This wasn't an attempt to burnish anyone. It wasn't an attempt to de-heaps-ify anything. I was wondering if anyone would think a game like this would be even close. Apparently there are some who do. I find that surprising. I don't think an all-star WNBA team could hang with the LPers.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
My bad. Thanks for the explanation. I think we should worry wether or not our Cougs could beat a WNBA team.
C
Cougs_Rule
Actually I meant "tarnish" but wrote burnish". But maybe you would deny both. :-)
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Actually I meant "tarnish" but wrote burnish". But maybe you would deny both. :-)

I would. Just because I don't think they're going to be 1st team all conference as freshmen doesn't mean I'm not excited for them to be coming to BYU or that I think they're poor players.



I'm just really tired of getting excited for high schoolers who haven't proven anything at the D1 level.
B
Brayden Green
Lone Peak by a big, big margin. Imagine me saying this with the most non-sexist voice ever: Women's Bball is *horrific*. Just. Plain. Bad.
Q
Qman
Lone Peak would have size and strength advantage. The best WNBA players are very, very skilled.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Qman wrote:
Lone Peak would have size and strength advantage. The best WNBA players are very, very skilled.

You can add a speed, agility and athletic advantage as well.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
Lone Peak would have size and strength advantage. The best WNBA players are very, very skilled.

You can add a speed, agility and athletic advantage as well.




You can also add a "jumping when shooting 3's" advantage. You know, so you don't get blocked...



It might be a toss up between the dunk contest vs fancy lay up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Qman wrote:
Lone Peak would have size and strength advantage. The best WNBA players are very, very skilled.

You can add a speed, agility and athletic advantage as well.




You can also add a "jumping when shooting 3's" advantage. You know, so you don't get blocked...



It might be a toss up between the dunk contest vs fancy lay up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I bet LP could beat a WNBA team shooting only threes.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Lone Peak would have size and strength advantage. The best WNBA players are very, very skilled.

You can add a speed, agility and athletic advantage as well.




You can also add a "jumping when shooting 3's" advantage. You know, so you don't get blocked...



It might be a toss up between the dunk contest vs fancy lay up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I bet LP could beat a WNBA team shooting only threes.


I think the *only* advantages that a wnba team would have are bounce passes (maybe, emery can thread) and team free throw shooting. And they wouldn't get fouled enough to even matter.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
That's better than me. I can't think of one aspect of the game in which a WNBA team would have an advantage.
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
SpiffCoug wrote:
That's better than me. I can't think of one aspect of the game in which a WNBA team would have an advantage.


Maybe 3p%?
S
SpiffCoug
tmoney35 wrote:
That's better than me. I can't think of one aspect of the game in which a WNBA team would have an advantage.


Maybe 3p%?

Nope. Remember the NCAA final a few years ago. Stanford played UCONN. they combined to shoot like 22% in the first half and like 32% for the game. It really wouldn't even be fair. The women's game is so different so as to almost be a different sport.
M
mizzoucoug
My brother and I once played 2 on 3 vs starters from the BYU women's bball team and beat them. Neither of us even played high school ball, but we simply outmatched them in every way. Back then in my prime I would have said that there's not a girl on the planet that could beat me in bball and I believe it still. LP by 30+.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.