Archived Topic

More Love for Ziggy

by Magnus Ver Magnusson · 2/27/2013

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Outstanding! Mongo loves it. Ziggy is rising (as he deserves) - and Teo is falling (as he deserves). Perfect. There is justice. 8)
N
Noclpdm
I can't get enough Ziggy's news. What a rad story, and I can't wait to see him continue to develop in the NFL.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
The story has to be good PR for the Y.
M
Mars


What day is draft day? And where do you think Ziggy goes?



I could see him rising as high as about #8 at this point...
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


What day is draft day? And where do you think Ziggy goes?



I could see him rising as high as about #8 at this point...

Last weekend of April I think. I wonder if Ziggy will get invited to NY for the draft. I bet he does. It's such a great story you know ESPN and the NFL will want to highlight it.
K
KYCoug
So refresh my memory, what's the highest a Cougar has ever gone in the draft? If Ziggy goes in the top 5 he has to be one of the highest the Y has ever produced.
S
SpiffCoug
Jim McMahon and Shawn Knight were both really high. Steve Young would have been top 3 if he hadn't gone to the USFL first.
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
Jim McMahon and Shawn Knight were both really high. Steve Young would have been top 3 if he hadn't gone to the USFL first.


Yeah, but I think Steve is still drawing his $1MM annual paycheck from the USFL as it was fully insured.
K
KYCoug
Just looked those two up...McMahon was #5 drafted in his class and Knight was #11
Advertisement
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
Last weekend of April I think. I wonder if Ziggy will get invited to NY for the draft. I bet he does. It's such a great story you know ESPN and the NFL will want to highlight it.

I can't even remember- Was Jimmer in the green room during the NBA draft?
C
Cougs_Rule
Mars wrote:
Last weekend of April I think. I wonder if Ziggy will get invited to NY for the draft. I bet he does. It's such a great story you know ESPN and the NFL will want to highlight it.

I can't even remember- Was Jimmer in the green room during the NBA draft?


Yes. I can remember him putting on the Sac hat.



Draft April 26-27.
S
snoscythe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Last weekend of April I think. I wonder if Ziggy will get invited to NY for the draft. I bet he does. It's such a great story you know ESPN and the NFL will want to highlight it.

I can't even remember- Was Jimmer in the green room during the NBA draft?


Yes. I can remember him putting on the Sac hat.


You mean the Milwaukee Bucks hat?



http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/1045theteam.com/files/2011/06/jimmer-fredette-drafted-300x200.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
AJP
Ziggy is now rated 8th in Scouts' top32 after being ranked 21st prior, huge bump!
C
Cougs_Rule
There isn't enough love for Ziggy. Not enough media coverage, etc, etc.



Maybe it's a blessing he didn't get as much Love as Jimmer or Teo (no pun directly intended, but lol funny nonetheless) but he's peaking at the right time with a Sr Bowl MVP, great combine, good press/cred, and keeping up with his studies.



The picture in this article says a thousand things. I think I will get it blown up and frame it for my kids and talk about hard work, persistence, heroes, academics (and, yes freakish genetics as well for a reality check).



Great stuff. I wish BYU or somebody picks up the rights and makes a movie. If Ziggy does go as high as 5th or 6th in the draft, I would think somebody makes a movie.



Edit** forgot link. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865574760/Ziggy-Ansah-impresses-scouts-at-NFL-combine-reportedly-didnt-train-beforehand.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



2nd edit on Teo, upon proofing my post.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I wonder if a story like that was started by a team that is high on Ziggy but doesn't think he'll fall to them. So they begin a rumor that he maybe didn't take the combine that seriously to train for it. Maybe hope some teams above them doubt his passion to play and hope they drop him on their boards.
S
Stirfry
I'd guess this has been discussed but what will happen to Ziggy's family over the next few months? I don't know what the climate is where he is from but I'd be nervous if my family was in Africa and I was about to make millions of dollars. I've heard of family members MLB players getting kidnapped and held for ransom I think. Hopefully this doesn't happen but I'd be curious to know if the team that drafts him will get involved in preventing something like this.
J
jonnylingo
I am going to say right around 10 somewhere.
B
Brayden Green
The Jets will take him at 9 (unfortunately as a Jets fan, I have knowledge of this). They are actually afraid that he won't be there by then though. He would be the perfect opposite end to Muhammed Wilkerson, and they are both similar players so they would be coached the same and Ziggy could learn off the field with Muhammed.



The new CBA provides for teams to take chances on guys like Ansah, because there is a LOT less guaranteed money that they have to lose if high picks don't pan out.
I
IowaCougar
I think it's great that Ziggy spent his time in class, rather than working out full-time. It shows he has his priorities in order. Brings my respect level up just a little more. (It was already sky-high).
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.