Archived Topic

Star L Booted From NFL Combine

by Cougarbib · 2/25/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Projected as high as number 1 NFL Draft Pick - he was diagnosed with a heart problem at the combine and asked not to participate. He will stay thete to interview with teams and then see a doctor in SLC and expects to paeticipate in Utah pro day in March.



This will likely hurt him a bit in the draft. How much? IDK.



Best Wishes. Tough break.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
He was booted or he asked not to participate? There's a huge difference between the two.
S
snoscythe
Prohibited from participating unitl he gets more answers on the heart condition.



The U football program is about to go under a HUGE microscope though. First you have a guy try to kill his wife that police are speculating may have been roid-rage, and now you have the #1 overall NFL prospect get sent home from the combine with a heart condition that is often caused by frequent use of anabolic steroids.



http://www.theheart.org/article/1071741.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Wow. I've noticed each of these stories and didn't think much of them beside individual issues. Maybe there's a systemic problem with the program and some investigations will happen. These do have the feel of red flag, program level issues, as opposed to isolated events.
1
1967cougar
Yeah, but the Pac-12 Pukes just hired Dennis Erickson and he wants to "score touchdowns" so nothing else really matters. Did I mention they are in the Pac-12? I know it has nothing to do with Star L, and I really wish him the best. He did, after all, play for a Pac-12 team.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
He was booted or he asked not to participate? There's a huge difference between the two.


As I stated - he was TOLD he could not participate.



He did nothing wrong while at the combine. Tough break.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
1967cougar wrote:
Yeah, but the Pac-12 Pukes just hired Dennis Erickson and he wants to "score touchdowns" so nothing else really matters. Did I mention they are in the Pac-12? I know it has nothing to do with Star L, and I really wish him the best. He did, after all, play for a Pac-12 team.


Oh come on, Dennis Erickson has a long history of demanding nothing but the highest standards of player conduct. When was the last time a Dennis Erickson players was a problem! He should fit in very, very well at :utard: :utard:



As far as Star goes, that's really too bad. I hope that it is nothing major, and that he can still play football, and get drafted as high as he would have anyway. That said, if it is a serious heart condition, and it turns out it was caused by frequent steroid use, then its hard to feel bad for him at that point (although I will admit that I would be surprised if it was).
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
He was booted or he asked not to participate? There's a huge difference between the two.


The NFL is saying they would not allow him to participate without a more refined diagnosis. His agent is saying he was just "asked" not to participate. Spin away, baby.
D
Ddawg
Here's my take on the Star situation. As soon as the NFL's tests revealed there was a problem with Star's heart - the NFL put the brakes on his Combine (whether they admit it or not). Publicly, they will state that they "advised" Star to not participate, or they "asked" Star not to participate. But, if he chose to continue with the Combine - you better believe the NFL lawyers would have had Star sign a release form as thick as a phone book. He would developed carpal tunnel syndrome signing all the pages. :lol:
B
BoiseBYU
A shooting star methinks
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
He was booted or he asked not to participate? There's a huge difference between the two.

Same result. Best of luck to him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.