Archived Topic

Where was Bronco....????

by Cougs_Rule · 2/23/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I dont know if this has been addressed elsewhere.



Where was Bronco for KVN's award presentation? I get that he doesn't like the limelight, but could he not have come out of his cave for this? Or at least sent is LB coach? Somebody from the coaching staff? Was he on vaca? Was he out searching for another job? Riding his surfboard, bike or horse?



I don't get it.
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I dont know if this has been addressed elsewhere.



Where was Bronco for KVN's award presentation? I get that he doesn't like the limelight, but could he not have come out of his cave for this? Or at least sent is LB coach? Somebody from the coaching staff? Was he on vaca? Was he out searching for another job? Riding his surfboard, bike or horse?



I don't get it.

And I don't care. Probably KVN is secure enough to not care either.
C
Cougs_Rule
Then why did Holmoe go out there? Or CecilO?



BECAUSE IT MATTERS. It looked like they were doing Bronco's job.



I guess the only real acceptable reasons are a family situation, family vaca, or recruiting.

Maybe he was getting interviewed for one of those new missions opening up. ;-)
S
snoscythe
Bronco wasn't there because if you have him there for KVN's award, you need to let all the coaches for all the other awards in too, and it becomes a hassle logistically, confuses the issue and takes some focus off the athletes.
G
Guest
Yay. Another Bronco bashing thread.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
hawkwing wrote:
Yay. Another Bronco bashing thread.


Bronco vacations in stupid places. And his first name is Bronco.
F
frdbtr
Do we know if KVN was offended that Bronco wasn't there or not? It seems to me that KVN is the only person that matters when it comes to that. But of course, cougs rule claims he isn't a bronco hater.
S
Schmoe
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
C
Cougs_Rule
I don't mind all you Bronco defenders. And I'm not really bashing him that much. And maybe he has a really good reason. I was really just asking. seemed rather conspicuous to me. important enough for the AD and President to walk out there and support him.

And I mean, LaVal was there for many awards of his players--I can think of Ty's Heisman-ALL THE WAY to NYC; and Mo Elowonibi's Outland Trophy.



Maybe it was absolutely too tough "logistically" to drive down from Alpine for half-time.



Maybe it's this new generation. I mean, my kid the other day said "don't come to my awards banquet. I promise not to be offended."



Maybe this award is just far too trivial to even put into the Cougar Legacy Hall or whatever they call that.



Of course Bronco can't be to every award ceremony. I mean these national awards happen so frequently that Broncos schedule has to be packed.



And BYU certainly wouldn't want celebrate successes, risking hubris and pride to cheap in.



Give me a break. Of course KVN isn't offended AND he doesn't need the attention. That is so beside the point.

It totally sucks to have to make a mountain out of a molehill to get any of you ardent defenders of Saint Bronco to acknowledge a few little faults. But hey, he has worked so hard to protect his thin skin, that even CC has to protect him as though he were a handicapped person.

Bronco is the right coach for this time and tries very hard to be a man of great character. I'm sure there is some good reason he didnt come to the KVN award. i just hope its better than some of the lame answers provided here.
B
BoiseBYU
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I don't mind all you Bronco defenders. And I'm not really bashing him that much. And maybe he has a really good reason. I was really just asking. seemed rather conspicuous to me. important enough for the AD and President to walk out there and support him.

And I mean, LaVal was there for many awards of his players--I can think of Ty's Heisman-ALL THE WAY to NYC; and Mo Elowonibi's Outland Trophy.



Maybe it was absolutely too tough "logistically" to drive down from Alpine for half-time.



Maybe it's this new generation. I mean, my kid the other day said "don't come to my awards banquet. I promise not to be offended."



Maybe this award is just far too trivial to even put into the Cougar Legacy Hall or whatever they call that.



Of course Bronco can't be to every award ceremony. I mean these national awards happen so frequently that Broncos schedule has to be packed.



And BYU certainly wouldn't want celebrate successes, risking hubris and pride to cheap in.



Give me a break. Of course KVN isn't offended AND he doesn't need the attention. That is so beside the point.

It totally sucks to have to make a mountain out of a molehill to get any of you ardent defenders of Saint Bronco to acknowledge a few little faults. But hey, he has worked so hard to protect his thin skin, that even CC has to protect him as though he were a handicapped person.

Bronco is the right coach for this time and tries very hard to be a man of great character. I'm sure there is some good reason he didnt come to the KVN award. i just hope its better than some of the lame answers provided here.


Methinks we got ourselves a Broncophobe
Advertisement
M
Mars


1- I think the question is kind of fair, and kind of interesting. Why wouldn't Bronco want to be there?



2- I never would have heard that KVN had just got an awesome award and then immediately begun to wonder if Bronco had somehow lessened it in some way.
B
BroncoBot
Next cougs_rule is going to suggest that it was because of Bronco's lovefest with Riley, maybe Bronco was angry that Riley didn't get the award?
N
NebraskaCoug
Just wondering what Cougs Rule would deem an acceptable answer to his question?



While we're calling people out, was all of KVN's immediate and extended family present? How about his stake president, bishop, home teacher, roommates past and present? Was every single teammate and position coach/coordinator there? If not, why not? Where were THEY....???? Don't they all know that this was the very most important event in KVN's life? :roll:



No need to continue the practice of making mountains out of molehills.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Much as it surprises me to be on the same page with C Rule - it is a fair question and as he indicated, there may well have been good reason. Or not. Surprised someone did not excuse him to avoid people wondering.



But, I wasn't there either and can't remember what the award was though, I now that CR reminded me, remember seeing something somewhere.



I guess if the award were a big deal we could have had a great discussion about something positive for a change.



Whatever it was, KVN deserved it. Great player. Humble. And he stayed for his senior year.



Love the guy.



Congratulations Kyle.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:


1- I think the question is kind of fair, and kind of interesting. Why wouldn't Bronco want to be there?



2- I never would have heard that KVN had just got an awesome award and then immediately begun to wonder if Bronco had somehow lessened it in some way.


How do we know that Bronco didn't want to be there? Maybe there was a legit reason why he wasn't. No one knows, that is why this thread is ridiculous.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:


1- I think the question is kind of fair, and kind of interesting. Why wouldn't Bronco want to be there?



2- I never would have heard that KVN had just got an awesome award and then immediately begun to wonder if Bronco had somehow lessened it in some way.


How do we know that Bronco didn't want to be there? Maybe there was a legit reason why he wasn't. No one knows, that is why this thread is ridiculous.


Have you ever noticed things like the 1st couselor making it a point to excuse the Bishop for not being in attendance due to business trip, illness, vacation, etc. It, too seems unecessary in any big way - you would assume he is not skipping out to watch the Super Bowl, but the formality gives it closure and clarity for all.



Likely there was a good reason. Surprising - slightly - the lack of formality.



But then it was squeezed in between two halfs of basketball, so maybe Bronco, who may be tired of hearing what a popular guy and great coach Dave Rose is - decided to make a point to whomever decided not to make the big deal a football dedicated event.



But most likely, Bronco had a conflicting requirement and could not be two places at the same time.



Wait - when was Riley's Birthday party?



;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe, because a number of all-American athletes were receiving awards prior to KVN, there was not room or time enough for all the coaches to file out there onto the floor. So, maybe Sno was right about logistics. And maybe bc of this Bronco did not attend at all. Or maybe he was in the stands.

Just a question. Just a molehill. All the clamor is really nothing. So all of you who prefer your heads in the sand , this topic really isn't worth reading or pulling your heads out.

To those who could handle the question for what it was, sorry to drag you into such an irrational and idiotic question.
C
CougarClaw
In replying to this thread to tell you all that replying to this thread is dumb



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
rblack
There is no question that there might have been a "good" reason. The question here is, is there really a "bad" reason. A family function? A church responsibility? A sick child? The problem with the question is it presumes a nefarious reason such as, Bronco doesn't care.

It's kind of like saying XYZ temple is being dedicated. President Eyring is dedicating it. Where's President Monson? He must not care about important things such as temple dedications.
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes. Kind of like that. So where Was Kelly Poppinga? We can go round and round.



The "problem" with the question, the crux is, we don't know the answer and so readers can project whatever reason they want. I happen to think and observe that Bronco avoids public appearances, even when that means forgoing a fairly important National Award for one of his players.

If readers ascribe something more positive, I'm ok with that.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.