Archived Topic

Jake Toolson Committed - says he will push his buddy to join

by Cougarbib · 2/20/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
So when does the celebration start? He is a very good player. So is his friend.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Are you mocking? I think you are being sincere. But some CC folks have started bagging on this LP group as though they are vastly over-rated.

Who is his friend?
G
Guest
Who exactly is bagging on the LP commits?
Q
Qman
How good is Toolson?
S
SpiffCoug
Isn't this the Toolson down in Arizona who is plays with Payton Dastrup? Aren't there two Toolson's in the mix?
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe bagging is A bit overstated. Just an overall sentiment by CC and probably Cougar fans to doubt hype in recruits. maybe this is a result of the Heaps disappointment.

But I can concede some indirect argument for my LP vs BYU thread. With BYU struggling and LP needing a larger challenge, it would be a fun game to watch. The biggest key to. The game, IMO would be BYUs poor perimeter defense. If LP could get the perimeter going, it would be a closer game than most think.
C
Cougs_Rule
My bad. Jake is in AZ. Connor is at LP.
B
beauso79
SpiffCoug wrote:
Isn't this the Toolson down in Arizona who is plays with Payton Dastrup? Aren't there two Toolson's in the mix?


Yeah, this is the Toolson from Az who is a wing and has been dropping close to 30 points a game lately. Supposedly has a very good outside shot and mid-range game. He's also very good friends with Payton Dastrup
C
Cougs_Rule
I don't think Connor Toolson has been offered. He is a soph, class of 2015, iirc.
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Maybe bagging is A bit overstated. Just an overall sentiment by CC and probably Cougar fans to doubt hype in recruits. maybe this is a result of the Heaps disappointment.

But I can concede some indirect argument for my LP vs BYU thread. With BYU struggling and LP needing a larger challenge, it would be a fun game to watch. The biggest key to. The game, IMO would be BYUs poor perimeter defense. If LP could get the perimeter going, it would be a closer game than most think.


So just because most fans understand that LP would lose to BYU if they played now. Just wanted to make sure I understood.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Are you mocking? I think you are being sincere. But some CC folks have started bagging on this LP group as though they are vastly over-rated.

Who is his friend?


I don't mock players. He is not Lone Peak. Phoenix area. He is a junior. I was just wondering why there was not one word about it over here. It is a big get.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
Isn't this the Toolson down in Arizona who is plays with Payton Dastrup? Aren't there two Toolson's in the mix?


This is the one except not on the same team as Dalstrup. But yhey are best friends and he is pushibg Dalstrup to joun him here. Dalstrup would be another great recruit.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Maybe bagging is A bit overstated. Just an overall sentiment by CC and probably Cougar fans to doubt hype in recruits. maybe this is a result of the Heaps disappointment.

But I can concede some indirect argument for my LP vs BYU thread. With BYU struggling and LP needing a larger challenge, it would be a fun game to watch. The biggest key to. The game, IMO would be BYUs poor perimeter defense. If LP could get the perimeter going, it would be a closer game than most think.


So just because most fans understand that LP would lose to BYU if they played now. Just wanted to make sure I understood.


I have posted reminders that they are not all seniors and mission plans will be in the mix and thus it will take time and then experience before we enjoy the full benefit. Maybe he saw that as bagging on them. Same with the Phoenix boys. Very good players. Toolson has mission plans and is a junior. He had other good offers already, but always wanted to go to BYU and committed within a week of his offer from Rose



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


Both Toolson's are 2-stars right now, but I hear that this kid is quickly rising up coaches' interest lists.
K
KYCoug
Mars wrote:


Both Toolson's are 2-stars right now, but I hear that this kid is quickly rising up coaches' interest lists.


Rivals has Toolson as a 3-star

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jake-Toolson-129738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



and Payton as a 4-star #43 overall and #3 Center



http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Payton-Dastrup-139707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Not that stars matter ;) I think it's great to follow the great 2013 class with another great one in 2014 Let's keep them coming!!!
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
KYCoug wrote:


Both Toolson's are 2-stars right now, but I hear that this kid is quickly rising up coaches' interest lists.


Rivals has Toolson as a 3-star

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jake-Toolson-129738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



and Payton as a 4-star #43 overall and #3 Center



http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Payton-Dastrup-139707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Not that stars matter ;) I think it's great to follow the great 2013 class with another great one in 2014 Let's keep them coming!!!


Toolson said even though they were not allowed to talk to me by NCAA rules, I knew they were at my game watching me and Coach Rose called the very next day and offered me. I decided to end the recruiting process now and committed since that was where I always wanted to go.



His stock was rising, but now that he committed, national recognition may suffer.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
Just need Dastrup and Brekkot Chapman now
S
scott715
Looks like there is only one scholarship left.
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Looks like there is only one scholarship left.


Wow 2014 class almost full? Toolson's buddy would be a great addition.



And if Rice has any dead wood - send the tough message.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I don't see how we could get both of those guys unless one went straight on a mission.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.