Archived Topic

New recruit Skyler Halford - SLCC SG

by beauso79 · 2/16/2013

Advertisement
B
beauso79
I guess BYU is taking a long look at Skyler Halford. I guess he can shoot lights out but is he who we really need next year?? I would think we'd have more of a need for Sai Tummala
C
Cougs_Rule
I still don't know why Rose doesn't play Tyler at the 2. Sometimes he is just getting out muscled by larger, more aggressive 3's. Maybe because there is no other legit player at the three? And maybe bc BYU is deeper at the guard spots--at least by roster/on paper. I'm sure Rosé has a good reason for this year, but finding someone who could fill the three would seem to be better, IMO.

For example, couldnt Kyle Collinsworth play the 3 next year and THaws play the 2?
B
beauso79
Couldn't Sharp play the 3 next year as well?? I'd like to see Rose try this line-up now:



1 - Carlino

2 - Haws

3 - Sharp

4 - Austin

5 - Davies
M
Mars
beauso79 wrote:
Couldn't Sharp play the 3 next year as well?? I'd like to see Rose try this line-up now:



1 - Carlino

2 - Haws

3 - Sharp

4 - Austin

5 - Davies(SR)

That is what I would prefer as well. Back-ups:



Winder/Calvert

Delgado/Cusick(SR)

Ambrosino/Zylstra(SR)

Kaufusi

Harward
B
beauso79
I mean Rose has to start thinking outside the box because what he's doing now apparently isn't working. I've seen Sharp hit open 3's and he rebounds well. Might make a heck of a difference at the 3 for us. I agree that Zystra and Cusick need to be burried on the depth chart now as well
Advertisement
Q
Qman
beauso79 wrote:
I mean Rose has to start thinking outside the box because what he's doing now apparently isn't working. I've seen Sharp hit open 3's and he rebounds well. Might make a heck of a difference at the 3 for us. I agree that Zystra and Cusick need to be burried on the depth chart now as well


As much as I hate on Zylstra and Cusick- they usually make the right decisions on D and off the ball on offense. It helps Haws and Davies do their things. Though the time has come to try something new.



A starting lineup of Carlino, Haws, Sharp, Austin and Davies seems to make sense.



Sharp can take the tougher defensive assignment. Austin likes to shoot from the outside that balance's Sharp weak outside shooting.



It should be a very good rebounding lineup.
B
beauso79
Qman wrote:
I mean Rose has to start thinking outside the box because what he's doing now apparently isn't working. I've seen Sharp hit open 3's and he rebounds well. Might make a heck of a difference at the 3 for us. I agree that Zystra and Cusick need to be burried on the depth chart now as well


As much as I hate on Zylstra and Cusick- they usually make the right decisions on D and off the ball on offense. It helps Haws and Davies do their things. Though the time has come to try something new.



A starting lineup of Carlino, Haws, Sharp, Austin and Davies seems to make sense.



Sharp can take the tougher defensive assignment. Austin likes to shoot from the outside that balance's Sharp weak outside shooting.



It should be a very good rebounding lineup.


I think a better rebounding line-up is key as we miss a lot of outside shots and that would give us more second chance opps.



And Rose decides to start Carlino, Cusick, Haws, Zylstra, and Davies tonight. That's a "Turrible" starting line-up as athelticism and defense will be severely lacking. At least Cusick can shoot the 3 "IF" he's wide "freakin" open. I'm sorry but this is frustrating......I'm sure this starting 5 will look outstanding against Portland
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.