Archived Topic

New WR Coach--Steve Clark? or Guy Holliday? or neither?

by snoscythe · 2/15/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Rumors circling out there that BYU has hired Steve Clark, as well as rumors that they've hired Guy Holliday (his son, a UTEP receiver, tweeting that Holliday has been hired).



Both with strong recruiting histories and experience as OCs of high powered offenses.



Then again, it could be neither.
G
Guest
Holliday's son is tweeting that his dad was hired by BYU. Obviously, we'll see if that checks out over the next few hours/days.
E
EM_Puma
Link to Holliday's bio at UTEP:



http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/holliday_guy00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



As I read the bio I liked that he was AA. We need to be a bit more colorful for certain. He had a lot of experience all over the place. I don't know for certain what that indicates, but I didn't see anything that disappointed me.
B
beauso79
Isn't Holliday non-lds and would have a good hold on recruiting Texas. Might vote would be him
B
byucougar1
I am hearing that he was also hired. I believe that he is part Samoan/A.A. I don't believe that he is LDS.



His bio indicates that he has produced 22 WRs that made it to the NFL and many of the players weren't connected to big name programs (excluding SEC MS State). However, the scouts clearly looked at his body of work and evaluated his WRs. Seems like he appeals to a wide cross-section of recruits (especially TX) and we could land a number of players that otherwise wouldn't necessarily give us a second thought.
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.