Archived Topic

Who Would Be The Best 2013 QB Coach

by Cougarbib · 2/15/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Rumor is that Jason Beck has been hired. IDK if this is or is not true.



I do not know if Doman just did not want to stay or just was not wanted.



I do not know whether BYU went after Detmer and failed or not.



We know A-Rod came and went.



Steve Clark.



Others???



Some of these clearly are not going to happen, but did we do better or worse?



Post your rationale.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Jason Beck's experience was mentioned piecemeal in another thread, but seemingly each post left one thing or another out. Here, all in one place, is what I gleaned.



College of the Canyons - JC - Starting QB

BYU Reserve QB - started 2 games behind John Beck

Grad Assistant Coach - BYU under Coach Anae

Grad Assistant Coach - LSU under Coach Crowton

QB Coach - Weber State for 2-3 years

OC - Simon Fraser - Canada - D II - Great Northwest Athletic Conference







[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Brandon Doman, but we all knew he wouldn't stay for a demotion.
A
ABYUFAN
Bib, Like anyone could even know that....
C
Cougarbib
ABYUFAN wrote:
Bib, Like anyone could even know that....


Totally Agree. But it usually isn't tough to find OPINIONS among sports fans.



Got one?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Cougarbib wrote:
Bib, Like anyone could even know that....


Totally Agree. But it usually isn't tough to find OPINIONS among sports fans.



Got one?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Nope. If I have to choose, I'll say the best QB coach will be the one we got, untill he proves not to be. If it is JA Beck, I'll vote for him.. but, frankly I don't think position coaches win too many games, nor do the actually bring in recruits....
S
snoscythe
I answered "Other" since Jim Harbaugh wasn't an option.
S
Schmoe
Schmoe wrote:
Brandon Doman, but we all knew he wouldn't stay for a demotion.


I guess I was wrong. After listening to the interview, I'm surprised that Anae and Bronco didn't keep him. Sad.
A
ABYUFAN
Schmoe wrote:
Brandon Doman, but we all knew he wouldn't stay for a demotion.


I guess I was wrong. After listening to the interview, I'm surprised that Anae and Bronco didn't keep him. Sad.

I didn't like Anae before listening to the interview. Now I'm convinced that BYU has hired the wrong man, but we've messed up coaching decisions before, and will again
J
jonnylingo
Well, anything is likely an upgrade from Doman as oc. wish he could have stayed as recruiting coordinator but hopefully he gets another job coaching next year.
Advertisement
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Brandon Doman, but we all knew he wouldn't stay for a demotion.


I guess I was wrong. After listening to the interview, I'm surprised that Anae and Bronco didn't keep him. Sad.

I didn't like Anae before listening to the interview. Now I'm convinced that BYU has hired the wrong man, but we've messed up coaching decisions before, and will again


I disagree, but I can respect your opinion and where you're coming from. I like Doman, but don't think he's an effective coach at this point in his career.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Brandon Doman, but we all knew he wouldn't stay for a demotion.


I guess I was wrong. After listening to the interview, I'm surprised that Anae and Bronco didn't keep him. Sad.

I didn't like Anae before listening to the interview. Now I'm convinced that BYU has hired the wrong man, but we've messed up coaching decisions before, and will again


I disagree, but I can respect your opinion and where you're coming from. I like Doman, but don't think he's an effective coach at this point in his career.


Hawk, you may be able to conclude that he is not an effective OC, but what data do you have to support that he wouldn't be an effective qb coach? Bronco has 'some esplainin to do." B is either the "best qb coach in the country" or he's not. That, or, Anae was dead serious when he secured a promise that he wanted "his" guys.

I am willing to concede that Anae is entitled to that because of the division that occurred with the legacy-man, Coach Reynolds. I would rather have Unity on the staff and forgive the lack of loyalty given to a life long BYU guy in Doman, and a legacy family of 1st generation Players (All the Dmans) and what is now the start of the second generation of Domans. BD is getting treated with a lot less loyalty in return than the pUkes up north are treating their guys.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.