B
byucougar1During the press conference yesterday, Bronco stated that BYU will now institute player personnel departments (similar to NFL teams) to evaluate players. This approach will now fall in line with the top programs throughout the rest of the country. Clearly this is going to benefit those institutions that have the manpower and cash to perform this work.
I haven't heard who within BYU will run this department, but I can't help but think with the high tech capability (equipment/tech geeks) BYU has, including BYUtv, and members scattered throughout the US/world with contacts, etc. we will have an expanding recruiting base. Should also have some program that will be able to tie in top althletes, camp attendance - performance, values (for honor code), interests/BYU ties, etc. that should make for an improved recruiting pool.
Looking forward to what BYU does with this new opportunity.
I haven't heard who within BYU will run this department, but I can't help but think with the high tech capability (equipment/tech geeks) BYU has, including BYUtv, and members scattered throughout the US/world with contacts, etc. we will have an expanding recruiting base. Should also have some program that will be able to tie in top althletes, camp attendance - performance, values (for honor code), interests/BYU ties, etc. that should make for an improved recruiting pool.
Looking forward to what BYU does with this new opportunity.

